• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:04 AM

Thanks for posting Bseek, we went down picked up one.

Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#22 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:06 AM

I remember back when I started skiing (at 30) and at Sierra Ski ranch when you reached 70 years old you skied for free. Those days are long gone. No discounts here either for a senior fishing license. That probably contributes to my pleasure in being a card carrying geezer.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#23 XJINTX

XJINTX

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • LocationEddy, TX

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:00 PM

I have always kind of felt like $10 lifetime was too cheap, anyway. $80 is still a pretty cheap one time expense. My current one is almost worn smooth, though, so I'll probably need a new one when this one becomes illegible.

A few years ago when I got mine I thought that was annual and thought what a deal! Like another already mentioned... I have saved way over $80 and maybe in this year alone. I am OK with a price increase if it all goes to the parks. That said when my wife turns 65 I will be sure she he gets one too ;)

#24 Vic

Vic

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Locationcamping somewhere in the Sierra Nevada range

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:37 PM

I am OK with a price increase if it all goes to the parks. 

I don't qualify yet so I'll be paying the new rate, but I was just thinking the same thing.  

"I took the road less traveled.  Now I don't know where I am"

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel & Hallmark Everest.  (Former Rig - 99 Ram 2500/ 2000 Sunlite Eagle pop-up)

#25 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:34 PM

That said when my wife turns 65 I will be sure she he gets one too ;)

62 is the gateway age to geezerdom. :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#26 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:44 PM

Love the geezer card. Last summer I picked up my lifetime Indiana fishing license for $16. jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Edited by longhorn1, 10 December 2016 - 06:47 PM.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#27 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:10 PM

A few years ago when I got mine I thought that was annual and thought what a deal! Like another already mentioned... I have saved way over $80 and maybe in this year alone. I am OK with a price increase if it all goes to the parks. That said when my wife turns 65 I will be sure she he gets one too ;)

If your are referring to the NP Inter-agency life time card the "geezer "age is 62.

Get her one for Christmas and that will be one gift out of the way.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#28 Tuff Guy 62

Tuff Guy 62

• Members
  • 829 posts
  • LocationArizona Rim Country

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:42 PM

Not there yet, seven more years to go to reach the geriatric gates of seasoned citizen status.

Every year I pony up the $80.00 and usually get my money's worth. It's a darn good value if you regularly get out & about. All for a good cause to keep our national treasures around for future generations to enjoy and appreciate.

$10.00 for life upon reaching geezerdom has been way to low for a long time. IMO, ten times that amount for a lifetime pass would still be a screaming deal.

Rock-On old dudes, you rule!  :P

2000 2WD Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 liter V8

2019 Ram 2500 6.4 liter Hemi

2015 ATC Custom Panther Shell

When you come to a fork in the road, take it. Yogi Berra

#29 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLand of grits and gravy

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:05 PM

Drop some money in the donation boxes at the parks you visit, that all stays local.

Charlie

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West
Charlie...
Stalking Light
2014 FWC Eagle on 2015 Tacoma Quad Cab Long Bed

#30 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:12 PM

Do not see the $80. Do see $20.00 per year. Do not under stand the last part about 4 years,unless it means after 4 years ($80) you get a free pass.

SEC. 102. COMPARABLE PASS COST FOR SENIORS.
The Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act (16 U.S.C. 6801, Public Law 108–447, division J, title VIII) is amended in section 805(B)(1)—

(1) by striking “The Secretary” and inserting:

“(A) The Secretary”;

(2) by striking “, at a cost of $10.00,”;

(3) by striking “shall be valid for the lifetime of the pass holder.” and inserting the following: “shall be available—

“(i) for a period of 12 months from the date of the issuance, at a cost of $20; and

“(ii) for the lifetime of the passholder, at a cost equal to the cost of the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass purchased under subsection (a).”; and

(4) by adding at the end the following:

“(B) The Secretary shall issue a pass under subparagraph (A)(ii), for no additional cost, to any individual who provides evidence, under policies and guidelines determined by the Secretary, that the individual has purchased a pass under subparagraph (A)(i) for each of the 4 years prior to being issued a pass under this subparagraph.”.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users