Chevy Colorado Long Bed Camper Shell with Sleep/Camping Platform Setup $1400

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Esus

Esus

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:16 AM

I'm selling a high-top camper shell topper for the newer (2015-2017) long bed Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon - black. If you just need a simple shell, you could probably buy a basic low-top one and this deal probably isn't the one for you. This shell has all the bells and whistles and is purpose built for camping out of the back of it. I'm including the complete sleep setup with it as well and hoping to pass it along to a fellow outdoor person. It's a perfect rig for climbers. The shell alone cost a little over 2k so with the camp setup thrown in it's a pretty solid deal. 

Hit the craigslist link for pics: http://denver.craigs...5956876510.html

Shell specs: 
-High top MX series ARE 
-Carpeted interior 
-Interior LED, wired brake light, and wired aux cig/usb adapter (for charging phones, etc) 
-Tilt-down front sliding vented window (for accessing rear cab of truck) 
-Side "windoors" fold completely up and have vented slide windows 
-Double T-Lock heavy duty rear door 

Sleeping/Camping setup: 
-Sturdy, lightweight aluminum support beams 
-Floating setup (no vertical support needed, hangs from factory equipped holes in sidewalls, see pics) 
-2 piece sanded ply base 
-4" thick memory foam topper (really comfortable) 
-Coolers and water jug fit perfectly underneath while providing enough headroom to sit upright up top 
-Platform height is adjustable 

It doesn't leak and has no scratches, hail damage etc. I'm upgrading to a slide in pop-up camper, so no longer need the shell/camping setup. 

I went for the floating design so you can store as much underneath as possible - firewood, extra gear, etc. I put a 2x4 across the floor where the wheel wells are to keep the common accessed items from sliding to the back (coolers, water jugs, cook gear etc). The plywood base, because it is in two pieces, can be slid over one another allowing one to easily access stuff under it towards the back via the opening side windoors. So much easier than crawling around under the platform. Another nice thing about the setup is that it can be completely disassembles/reassembles in minutes. It's light and simple. 

Between the shell, platform cost, and memory foam topper I spent around 2,500. If this is still posted it still for sale. I'll email back promptly with questions or inquiries. 

Cheers, 
Eric

2015 Chevy Colorado, 2015 FWC Fleet

#2 Esus

Esus

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:09 PM

Price reduced. $1200 for the Shell by itself. I'll throw the camping setup in for an extra $100. 

http://denver.craigs...5956876510.html

2015 Chevy Colorado, 2015 FWC Fleet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users