• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:57 PM

[quote name='ScottBailey']And what size and brand lift are you running on the Tow Missle?

How difficult is it to get the camper off with the lift?

SB[/QUOTE Donahoe 4 1/2" no blocks Deaver Spring Pack, Kelderman bags, the camper comes off no problem, had to install swing out brackets to clear the fender flares. There is a post listing most of the mods done to the truck, you have a Ford, you might be interested.

#12 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:04 AM

Fisherman, where did you get the front bumper on the tow missle? Do you have something similiar for the back bumper? Terri

On the back is a Reunell, the reason it's not a Buckstop is because the Buckstop uses the exsisting hitch assembly, which I wanted to get out from under the truck so I could hang a partially deflated 35" spare, also the bumper has a 13000# tow rating, just enough.

#13 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:14 AM

There are a few things to consider before installing this type of bumper, 1- has the builder of the bumper done impact testing, will your airbag deploy? 2-are you comfortable knowing that if you accidently rear end a Mini Cooper, you're going to do some serious damage to the Mini. 3- weight, I know you have to be careful loading up the front end of all IFS G.M. stuff. Just a few things to think about. Jon

#14 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:37 AM

I am impressed with Reunell bumpers. Back in 1995 I dropped the truck off and they custom made the front bumper and I bought the rear also. Quarter inch steel with half inch mounting brackets into the frame.

I totally agree with Fisherman…make sure the bumper you get will work flawless with the air bags. And you will not have a problem with the added weight.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#15 terrisjoy

terrisjoy

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:40 AM

Edohart, now that's alot of bumpers! Enjoy, Terri

#16 terrisjoy

terrisjoy

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:45 AM

Airbags, what airbags? Hey guys I don't have airbags, do I need them, and why? I keep reading all of your posts on airbags. Someone, please explain. Terri

#17 CJ8Rockcrawler

CJ8Rockcrawler

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:05 PM

Terri,

I think they are talking about 2 different types of airbags. The airbags we usually are discussing are suspension airbags to help carry the weight of the camper. Here, they are discussing the supplemental restraint system airbags that deploy from your steering wheel/dash in a crash. The sensors for the SRS are located behind the front bumper and take signals from an impact as well as a inertia sensor somewhere else in the vehicle to decide when to deploy the airbags.

Kyle
1984 Jeep $crambler - Lifted/Locked on 35s/Caged/RTT Rack/Etc... 2004 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 6spd Diesel - Gauges/CB/2M Radio/Lorenz Bilstein 5100 Suspension with DP Leaf Springs/Carli Long Travel Airbags 2002 Hawk FWC - With all the goodies to keep the wife a "happy camper" "Paved Roads... Another example of wasteful government spending."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users