• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 lostwon

lostwon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:36 AM

Finally had some time to get some work done this weekend. Floor pack is complete and installed. The bottom of the floor pack was primed and painted before it was completely assembled as it was easier to paint upside down. Made it super confusing on how I needed to cut the forward and aft vertical plywood supports when it was upside down and backwards in my garage. Will finish priming and painting and then on to the siding. Feels good to get the first major part of the build complete!

IMG_3691.JPG

Anyone have any experience with a Dickinson Newport propane fireplace? http://dickinsonmari...pane-fireplace/

Was considering a Wave until I discovered this. Expensive, yes, but really pretty damn good looking and just has that “cool” factor. Can’t really see any negatives besides cost as it vents through the chimney pipe and the fan doesn’t need to be on in order to operate (at least I don’t think it does?). I don’t plan on a lot of other electrical consumers besides some LED lights and a fantastic fan and plan to run two 6vDC golf cart batteries run in series so I should have plenty of useable power for my needs/ Pretty sure I’ll just wire for solar for now as I really don’t think I’ll need it. Anyway, anyone with any experience with one of the Dickinson fireplaces, would appreciate any reviews..

#42 lostwon

lostwon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:36 AM

IMG_3692.JPG

#43 rtpvibes

rtpvibes

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:55 PM

Looks great , keep making it yours.

#44 BenFrank

BenFrank

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:35 PM

I recognize that wood door...haha.  I stared at that guy on craigslist for a few days but couldn't talk myself into it.  I'm glad you got it.  It looks like you're going to do it proper.  Look forward to seeing the build.  

#45 lostwon

lostwon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:44 AM

I recognize that wood door...haha. I stared at that guy on craigslist for a few days but couldn't talk myself into it. I'm glad you got it. It looks like you're going to do it proper. Look forward to seeing the build.

I stared at it on Craigslist for a couple days too and decided I wanted to see it and once I did started to image what it could be and that was that. Probably paid too much especially since when all said and done will only be using the aluminum frame, windows, and roof frame. Oh well, fun process and hopefully will be nice enough when it’s done. Wish it was done, would be staying in it the next couple nights of it were! Hurry!!!

#46 Living The Dream

Living The Dream

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationFront Range, Colorado

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:08 PM

Finally had some time to get some work done this weekend. Floor pack is complete and installed. The bottom of the floor pack was primed and painted before it was completely assembled as it was easier to paint upside down. Made it super confusing on how I needed to cut the forward and aft vertical plywood supports when it was upside down and backwards in my garage. Will finish priming and painting and then on to the siding. Feels good to get the first major part of the build complete!

attachicon.gifIMG_3691.JPG

Anyone have any experience with a Dickinson Newport propane fireplace? http://dickinsonmari...pane-fireplace/

Was considering a Wave until I discovered this. Expensive, yes, but really pretty damn good looking and just has that “cool” factor. Can’t really see any negatives besides cost as it vents through the chimney pipe and the fan doesn’t need to be on in order to operate (at least I don’t think it does?). I don’t plan on a lot of other electrical consumers besides some LED lights and a fantastic fan and plan to run two 6vDC golf cart batteries run in series so I should have plenty of useable power for my needs/ Pretty sure I’ll just wire for solar for now as I really don’t think I’ll need it. Anyway, anyone with any experience with one of the Dickinson fireplaces, would appreciate any reviews..

Lostwon, Any updates on the build?  I have been looking into fireplaces a bit as well. Would love one of the mini wood burning stoves but currently putting that idea on hold. What is your plan for a chimney working with the pop up? I just purchased a big buddy to supplement/replace my wave 3. The big buddy cranks! I think I'll be happy with it, should be testing it this weekend. 

Happy new year, looking forward to seeing more progress on your build!

My youtube channel about my Four Wheel Camper - https://www.youtube.com/c/timmorrissey

All about my camper - https://www.tgmorrissey.com/camper

Item I used in my build- http://bit.ly/TGMorrisseyParts

#47 lostwon

lostwon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:59 AM

Lostwon, Any updates on the build? I have been looking into fireplaces a bit as well. Would love one of the mini wood burning stoves but currently putting that idea on hold. What is your plan for a chimney working with the pop up? I just purchased a big buddy to supplement/replace my wave 3. The big buddy cranks! I think I'll be happy with it, should be testing it this weekend.
Happy new year, looking forward to seeing more progress on your build!

Not a whole lot of progress the last couple weeks other than I’ve figured out my bed pullout and have it built. Almost have the front dinette completed as well. Will post some picks when I can. Holidays and work have hindered my progress...

I thought the idea of a wood burning one would be really cool too- until I did a bit of research on how much wood is needed to keep it burning all night for a primary heat source and it didn’t seem practical- for me at least.

The “chimney pipe” for the one I posted about above (which I did end up buying) is a 3-4 inch (can’t remember exactly) flexible stainless pipe that I will run out the back vertical wall of the camper. It has an inner pipe for the exhaust and the outer pipe provides fresh air so the space does not need to be vented similar to some of the other propane heat sources. I think it will work out well; it’s very well made and really a simple little unit.

#48 lostwon

lostwon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:38 AM

It’s been a while since I posted.. progress has been slower than I IMG_4852.JPG wanted and expected but I sure has been a great winter!

Dinette is complete except for table. Cabinets are under way. Next up is electrical and plumbing. Just received he popup material and looks great— received a $300 discount because it took them so long!!

I have almost everything to put the thing together, just need more time!IMG_4779.JPG IMG_4781.JPG

Follow me on instagram @bmplum, I’ll continue to post to my story as I make more progress!

#49 lostwon

lostwon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:16 PM

IMG_4882.JPG

Feeling good to be making continued progress! Finished the cabinetry (plastic protective coating still in place in the pictures throws off the color a bit). Counter top and sink to go in above the shorter side with two door and on the taller section is a compartment for the Coleman stove.

#50 lostwon

lostwon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:17 PM

IMG_4886.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users