• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Catherinecormack

Catherinecormack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:53 PM

We are looking for a side dine%e for an Eagle Shell.

#2 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 24 November 2017 - 03:26 PM

If you have the Eagle shell already. I am pretty  sure you will have to build one. Not hard to do, search camper builds you will find several. 

#3 Catherinecormack

Catherinecormack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 03:31 PM

Thank you. New ones are really expensive so we will go ahead and build a bench instead.

#4 Argonaut20

Argonaut20

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:04 AM

If you want a dinette, a bench won't cut it. Building a dinette really is simple: 2 boxes for the seats, put cleats on the interior to hold 1/2" or 3/4" plywood seat bases that can be removed to reveal storage, cut a table from 1/2" or 3/4" plywood that will fit between the seat boxes and put 3/4" X 1 1/2" strips on the out side of the boxes so the table can rest between the seats in case you want to make it into a narrow bed. You will need to make seat cushions and back cushions and install a table support that can be disassembled. You can make a Lagun table support work, use a FWD table support, or a short table support like those used on the moveable tables for bench seats. It takes about a sheet of 1/2" plywood, a bunch of corner braces and screws, a little regular 3/4" lumber, and time. And a table support, of course. I am currently building a dinette into a 2002 Eagle and this is the plan I am using. It's worked so far... :)

2006 Tacoma, '66 AS Caravel,  2002 Eagle

#5 Argonaut20

Argonaut20

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:18 AM

Look through this thread for what this approach looks like:

http://www.wanderthe...bobcat +dinette

ATC did a great job, much more professional than mine.

#6 Catherinecormack

Catherinecormack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:21 PM

Wow, thanks so much for all the great advice. I think we can build this. And it's just what we need. We happen to have cloth camping seats that we could use on top of the cushions for back support. That would allow the interior of the camper to be very flexible as sometimes we will be transporting our inflatable boat on a trip. So thank you very much.

#7 Argonaut20

Argonaut20

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:41 AM

Give me a PM if you need pics or dimensions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users