28 replies to this topic

#21 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:54 AM

Then we were off for Teakettle Junction. I took some more action shots of others as they arrived.

Camelracer.
Posted Image

Deltarat.
Posted Image

Marc. (Sorry about the bush in front of you.)
Posted Image

Sunman. (Ditto on the bush.)
Posted Image

Dirty Dog.
Posted Image

#22 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:00 AM

And that is about it. I had to leave early the next morning. I shot a short video while driving Racetrack Road.

And stopped here on the way home. Maybe we could camp here some night. Just watch the kids and dogs closely.

Posted Image

Ok, I admit it. It was a great trip that ended way too soon. And I really do wish my wife had been able to join me. Like others have said, thanks Dirty Dog for putting this together. I can't wait for the next group trip. And I hope we don't wait until next year for it to happen.

#23 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:33 AM

Ted,
Kick a$$ report...you had me laughing out loud . Good idea with the vids, helps portay Titus Canyon much better, good stuff. I'm slackin' but will get my report together soon!

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#24 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:20 PM

Another great report and pics Ted, I especially liked the individual truck and driver IDs, thanks much.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#25 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:16 AM

Ed, thanks for the nice comments.

Mark, you have sent so many caring messages to other members - checking on the Fisherman, the Thanksgiving blessings you count, your concern about Craig when he mentioned being laid off, and on and on. I believe that you and Edna will be at the next rally and am looking forward to meeting you two. Dirty Dog joked about the people in the rally just being someone on the internet, but it is members like you that make this a family.

#26 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:39 AM

Sure, Sunman gets King Taco and I get Yes Dear?! And on top of that, I didn't notice the change. It was my wife that pointed it out to me. You should talk, DD. After telling us how your gf kept trying to get you to come home early but that it wasn't going to happen. Then you open your story with how you "iron manned home" and got there Thursday instead of the Saturday you claimed it would be. I see a lot of similarities here.

#27 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:44 AM

Sure, Sunman gets King Taco and I get Yes Dear?! And on top of that, I didn't notice the change. It was my wife that pointed it out to me. You should talk, DD. After telling us how your gf kept trying to get you to come home early but that it wasn't going to happen. Then you open your story with how you "iron manned home" and got there Thursday instead of the Saturday you claimed it would be. I see a lot of similarities here.

LOL, would you prefer "Darth Bailer"? :D

#28 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:02 AM

I "bailed" according to plan, getting home when I said I would. And, I might add, to be home with the wife that would have wanted to be there but stayed home with the dog so I could do the trip. You got home early to a gf that had no interest in DV.;)

However, seeing as I now have a new moniker which is equally appropriate but easier to accept, I'll back off. And to live up to it, I'll start stocking now for the next rally. I'm going to need a bigger ice chest.

#29 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:17 PM

You know, all these pics are making me very jealous. Thanks for sharing and rubbing it in!

BTW, does anyone know if that Seldom Seen grave is the Seldom Seen from Ed Abbey's Monkey Wrench Gang books?
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users