7 replies to this topic

#1 Alaskan Snowbirds

Alaskan Snowbirds

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:10 AM

...have electrical cut off. ...

We've been thinking that some disabling scheme would be a good thing when we want to go hike etc. On the old Scout/Bronco/Jeepster I used to pull the rotor and put it in my pocket...not much luck that way any more...what works best when you're leaving the rig in a questionable spot (like your driveway :)) now?
Duane & Susan 2007 Dodge 2500 4X4 Hemi - 2008 FWC Grandby

#2 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:17 AM

It's to cold to go out to my shop, but I'm pretty sure my cut out setup was made by them, or I'll check tomorrow. EAT FISH SO WE CAN AFFORD TO RACE

#3 Alaskan Snowbirds

Alaskan Snowbirds

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:31 AM

..I'm pretty sure my cut out setup was made by them, or I'll check tomorrow. EAT FISH SO WE CAN AFFORD TO RACE

Fish...,
I'll be interested to hear what you use. We're set to head south tomorrow so may not pick up a post for a few days but will eventually.

We eat fish 'cause it's GOOD! Love those King Salmon on the grill (especially those geasy ol' bellies)! (Susan likes Silvers best though...strange woman:)) Darling Daughter's got it right...she'd rather have King than ice cream.
Duane & Susan 2007 Dodge 2500 4X4 Hemi - 2008 FWC Grandby

#4 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:37 AM

The greasy bellys are a sea lions favorite part, eat as much as you want, as long as it's not farmed raised, that stuff is poision.

#5 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 961 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:38 AM

Duane,

On my '02 Dodge there is a starter interrupt switch on the clutch pedal. I put a hidden switch in series with that to kill the starter. Automatics had a jumper wire there instead of the interrupt switch. Maybe your newer Dodge is the same.
I also have the "Club" steering wheel lock to discourage the amateurs.

Dick
2002 Fiat 2500 CTD 4x4, FWC Grandby 1951 Willys CJ3A

#6 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:28 PM

My Toyota's have those receiver chips in the key. Supposedly the vehicle can't be started without the chip communicating with the chip/radio in the column. Anyone know how well this actually works? Especially since ColoradoGuy's Taco was just stolen (does the Taco have this feature?). I know nothing about vehicle security (obviously) and I've always relied this chip thing.
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#7 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:30 PM

I suppose you could pull the fuel pump fuse and replace it with a burned out one. Hopefully that will slow them down or frustrate them enough so they give up.

#8 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:33 AM

There's a kill switch on my cool down timer and believe me I use it.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users