#1 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:40 PM

SOLD - Aquaterra / Perception Recreational Keowee Kayak

For lakes and slow moving rivers (flat water), this stable recreational kayak is ready to get on the water. Just a fun kayak to paddle for exploring, fishing, and even “other side of the lake” camping. Excellent for your first kayak experience makes this Keowee kayak easy "to get out there".

Aquaterra was a division of Perception, and the Aquaterra kayaks were mostly built for recreational use with thicker hulls than the Perception hulls back in the day. Eventually, Aquaterra was absorbed into Perception and the quality changed, in my opinion.

I originally purchased 4 of these, I'm keeping two for myself and divesting these two to a good home.

Description & Features

Rigid roto molded polyethylene hull withstands years of use without the need for maintenance and is highly UV, abrasion, and impact resistant.

Sit inside, not on top, allows for lower center of gravity and wide beam provide increased stability, yet still provide a playful experience. I've never had one of these turn turtle on anyone that I have instructed on how to use.

Supportive seat, bottom and fold down back (for storage), and lots of knee room giving superb comfort.

Adjustable individual foot braces helps maintain proper paddling posture and adds comfort.

Can have a wet skirt, not included, never purchased them.

Two piece, take apart, dual paddle with drip cups.

Bow and stern foam positive flotation.

Length: 9’ 2”

Width: 2”5”

Cockpit Size: length – 39.5” , width – 17.5” .

Weight: 38 lbs.

Selling Price

These are used kayaks.

These Aquaterra / Perception Keowee Kayaks, as far as I can tell, are no longer being manufactured. For a sit inside (not on top) similar kayak today with paddles has an average price of between $400 and $600, depending on the manufacturer and any extra features built in to the kayak. After seeing the current models of similar kayaks, these Keowee's are built with thicker hulls and will last many more years and many more kayaking trips.

I'm selling these for $200 each and that includes the paddles.      

Delivery

Shipping is out of the question, unless you do all the pick-up & delivery arranging, and the payments.

In my opinion, the best solution is to get these yourself.

I could help you out by meeting you at some spot within a reasonable driving distance of my home; let’s say around 1 hour or so, one way, from Santa Barbara, either North or South on Hwy 101.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Send a PM to me if you are interested.

- - - - - - - - - - - - 

Here are some photos.

gallery_2702_1189_24821.jpg

gallery_2702_1189_110657.jpg

Stern Positive Foam Flotation.

gallery_2702_1189_45230.jpg

Bow Positive Flotation and Adjustable Foot Braces.

gallery_2702_1189_9386.jpg

Typical Scratches on Bottom of Kayaks.

gallery_2702_1189_74495.jpg

Typical Crack in Paddle (happened a long time ago, no increase in size over the many years of use).

gallery_2702_1189_38304.jpg

And, this could be you this Spring.

gallery_2702_1189_89259.jpg

gallery_2702_1189_62390.jpg

gallery_2702_1189_97.jpg

Edited by Alley-Kat, 20 March 2018 - 10:43 PM.

#2 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:41 PM

Tentatively SOLD.

Cyber handshake.

#3 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman