Bundutec Review

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 windy

windy

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:06 PM

We chose Bundutec for several reasons but ultimately decided to go with them for our build because, after talking to them, we got a good “gut feeling”.

We picked up our RipTide feb 2017 and have spent around 45-50 nights in it, one of the trips was a 21 day (5000miles) stretch. Temperatures ranged from 14 degrees to 75 degrees on that trip. Only 500 hwy miles and probably close to 1000 dirt road miles. As far as I’m concerned the camper has performed flawlessly. Warm when cold, cool when warm, kept the dust out, water in the tanks and water heater did not freeze, etc... Heck, even the bugs washed off easily! One of the other trips was 6 days exclusively on gnarly, rutted, pot holed, non-maintained forest service roads (about 300miles). Everything has worked as it should and there were no issues. Of note, we have the Yakima tracks and roof racks and as we were driving through Moab we were flagged down because one of the forward rack towers came unclipped. When I stopped to reattach it I noticed a severe bend in the bar. This tells me that the bar had been tweaked pretty hard but there was no sign whatsoever that any of the other towers or the track had been tweaked. In other words, the tracks were very well secured to the roof and the roof provides a very solid/stout mounting platform. Couldn’t be happier.

If anyone has any specific questions I will be happy to answer.

I had advertised to sell it (free up $$$ for another project) and had more than a few offers but in the end couldn’t pull the trigger. Out of 40 different vehicles, trailers, boats, etc... I have owned this is the 1st one I’ve had any sort of emotional attachment too.

I am now talking to Rory about building a custom RV trailer.

Top notch people building what I believe is one of the best valued product lines in the industry.

#2 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:49 PM

Here is the link to the original topic on Bundutec on WTW for further information -

Bundutec

windy, thanks for posting your review!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users