72 replies to this topic

#51 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:10 PM

:thumb:

Plus, if you inadvertently leave the drawers unlatched, the contents won't automatically end up on the floor.

Well executed, Podpal.

#52 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:52 PM

Very nice work , I'd say that's the best use of that space thus far, keep up the good work.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#53 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:09 PM

:thumb:

Plus, if you inadvertently leave the drawers unlatched, the contents won't automatically end up on the floor.

Well executed, Podpal.

Very true. Ideally with those pop out latches like you're using it should be a reminder to push them flush before heading out.

Very nice work , I'd say that's the best use of that space thus far, keep up the good work.

Stain color is a bit off (funny because previous use of the same color, such as the countertop edge and new slide out, matched a lot better) oh well its functional.

I'm pretty sure Mark basically has the same kind of setup but just didn't picture it in his all drawer setup. Down the road I might do drawers under the sink but I'll see how I like to use the space as is, I just knew I didn't like the original lower cabinets so that was a no brainer.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#54 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

Stove. Eventually I'll make a small heat shield for the left side burner but for now we'll just stick with using the right side which shouldn't need anything.
Posted Image

Update: I've used this stove a few times now and the larger (right) burner gets water headed up fast and I don't really notice much for off odors that I'd get a bit of with the original stove. For simmering with the a pot covered it doesn't quite turn quite as low as preferable though but ideally the smaller burner (left) will be good for that kind of stuff, I just haven't bothered to try it out yet.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#55 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:48 AM

Installed a shurflo faucet and pump, they are routed to gravity drain back to the tank when the faucet is opened without power on.

Faucet fits nicely under the sink cover
Posted Image

Under counter view of sink all piped up
Posted Image

Plumbing is routed to gravity drain behind 110 breaker box (similar to how pvstoy set his up)
Posted Image

Installed an atwood pilot light religher on the fridge propane. More details here: http://www.wanderthe...p?t=1251&page=4

Posted Image

#56 Phil

Phil

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:19 AM

Great job on all the mods :thumb: What is the counter top ?
1999 Grandby FWC

#57 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:09 PM

Great job on all the mods :thumb: What is the counter top ?

Laminate over plywood with an oak edge band.

#58 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:48 PM

Just an update, I converted my single fan over to a fantastic fan with the 6 speed mod. Relatively easy conversion, just remove the insides and lid of the old one and swap the new one in. I may use the spare parts to add a non-powered vent over the bed but I see I'd have to move one of the roof racks so I'm in no rush to do that.

On the horizon in preparation for our trip a month out I finally decided to buck up for a sliding rear window in the truck so we can toss stuff back and forth if we want (getting installed this week). Also this whole time my 210ah AGM's have been stand alone and I've just been charging them up with shore power when I get home from weekend trips but finally decided to pull the trigger on this smaller DC-DC smart charger http://www.powerstream.com/DCC.htm to top the batteries up while driving using stage charging. I plan to mount this right by the batteries so it'll help self correct line voltage losses on the way back to the camper even though I'll likely have oversided wire for the amp draw. I'll have an ignition positive switch to the remote control terminal on this (basically the same as an audio amplifier set up) so it'll isolate itself from the truck when not running, no need for additional relays/isolators/solenoids. It'd be nice to have a bit higher charge rate but for my daily usage verse run time between locations I think it'll handle just fine (however an older version of this allowed you to switch over to 15amp mode so I might look up if there is a way to have that option if it becomes an issue).

#59 rich

rich

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:57 PM

Did some rework to make some more functional drawers. The original drawer was deepened to 4" and is now 18" long (width is the same). The lower slider cabinets I pulled out flush with the main cabinets (added about 1.5" in depth) and built some drawers to allow better storage in my mind. I didn't like the sliders much and trying to dig backwards into a cabinet that low forced a lot of stooping over as opposed to having a deep drawer to rummage through. I can just barely fit a 10" plate in there.

Probably will be going out camping next weekend and then I have to turn my attention to getting some doors for the house stained so that will delay and further camper tinkering for a bit.

How I mounted the slides prior to installing the countertop.

Posted Image

New face for the original drawer location.

Posted Image

Reworked cabinet prior to installation

Posted Image

Installed look

Posted Image

And here is one open

Posted Image

PODS - you do great work! Where did you get those pop out latches and counter top?

Rich 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited with 1989 FWC/ATC Fleet Hybrid fully refurbished

#60 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:40 PM

Mark Ingalls turned me onto them in his cabinet rebuild: http://www.wanderthe...26/page__st__10 He got his from Lee Valley for a better price: http://www.leevalley...1399,56514&ap=1

I got mine at a local rockler store which cost more but didn't pay shipping, plus I needed some drawer slides, etc: http://www.rockler.c...76&filter=latch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users