• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SwissandGerman

SwissandGerman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:06 PM

I have gutted my 2000 hawk and upgraded the roof insulation. I wanted thoughts for a head liner. I am planning on installing cargo nets for gear so thinking of something other than standard headliner but can handle condensation and not start to break down. Thoughts ideas?

#2 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:00 PM

My only piece of information that I can offer is if you go with a "fabric like material" it needs to be "flame retardant". I believe that is the correct terminology. You could call FWC or ATC (Jeff or Marty) and they will tell you the correct terminology.

I know this because I wanted a different headliner than what ATC offered and was told that by Jeff & Marty. I bought some marine headliner material very similar to what FWC uses.

I further believe that it is, if not a manufacturing legality of the RV industry, at least a common practice to be followed.

#3 SwissandGerman

SwissandGerman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:24 AM

My only piece of information that I can offer is if you go with a "fabric like material" it needs to be "flame retardant". I believe that is the correct terminology. You could call FWC or ATC (Jeff or Marty) and they will tell you the correct terminology.
I know this because I wanted a different headliner than what ATC offered and was told that by Jeff & Marty. I bought some marine headliner material very similar to what FWC uses.

I further believe that it is, if not a manufacturing legality of the RV industry, at least a common practice to be followed.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Wander The West mobile app

#4 Adventurebound

Adventurebound

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:47 PM

This is whats in my 17 Hawk.

https://www.defender...3935&id=2263767

Sailrite also stocks this but cant find it on their website at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users