Alex

#12 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:33 PM

kc,

Great to here from you, I'll be looking forward to your reports and pics, they are always among the best.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#13 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

This thread on another forum: Four Wheel Camper - A Review is my favorite travel story on the internet. Whenever I read it, I remember the fancy cigars I used to smoke, except that my head doesn't ache, my breath doesn't stink, and the contented feeling I get from reading KC's posts is free.

#14 kcowyo

kcowyo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLander, Wyoming

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:42 PM

I'm humbled by the warm reception... Much obliged gentlemen - :cool:

Before I respond to a few comments and before someone starts a new thread asking about it, I was kidding about the membership dues. Apparently saving every picture I saw of a FWC on the 'net, took all of my computer's memory and started it on the path to a slow, bloated death. Who knew? A new laptop has apparently cured the issue for now...

Brett - that first photo was taken in Capitol Reef NP, on the switchbacks of the Burr Trail. I know you don't want me pluggin your favorites in Utah, but here is another view, from the top looking down -

Posted Image

Ted - I forget there is some crossover traffic between the sites. Hopefully I'll be able to add something new to WTW, that I haven't shared elsewhere. Good to see your stuff from Death Valley.

Tomas & Sunman - Take me to Baja. Please!

Marc - I've been checking the trip reports. So much good stuff to see. I hope this flu I'm getting sinks in so I can spend all weekend checking them out in depth. BTW, your truck is so... so... beyond. I really want to see it in person someday.

lq - You're speaking my language sir. Further north indeed. Like all the way to Wyoming!

buzzman - I really enjoyed your trip thread. You managed to see some stuff I haven't yet. Great job on the planning & execution of such a huge trip. Well done.

Patrick - In-N-Out was my favorite part of 4 days in Vegas, closely followed by the James Taylor concert. But here's something a little more "Nevada" for you - PS - don't sell that iconic Toy/FWC combo. You'll regret it. ;)

Posted Image

Yukon - Thanks for the kind words. I can't fix anything other than lunch, so I'm more picture-taking oriented, than the tech stuff. But there are some really great tech ideas coming out of this forum lately.

Aaron - Congratulations on the booming success of WTW. It's fun to see how far this place has come. Take a bow - :thumb:

Alex - Are you stalking me?

DLN - I only wish I could do with my hands and FWC, what you've done with yours. You're an innovator. I'm watching for your updates as well.

Mark W. - You are too kind. Your words are inspiring as well. Let's just call it a win-win relationship for both of us.

I'm off to see what else I've missed on the forum. Thanks again to everyone for the welcome back. It's good to be amongst such great company once again!

Parting shot -
Posted Image

The Four Wheel Camper Review Thread

Toyota T100/FWC Eagle

#15 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:46 PM

KC,
I'm not telling. If you keep posting those beautiful pics of Lander I might show up at your door one day. :D

#16 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:31 AM

Welcome back. Nice pics too.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#17 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:29 AM

Great pix as usual KC. Never a dissapointment. Was that a recent pic of the Burr and if so is it still largely empty of traffic?

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#18 CAPTAIN COORS

CAPTAIN COORS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:33 PM

KC, we have a new In-N-Out here in Marana, Az so head out this way sometime!
2008 TUNDRA - TRW, FINCH CAMPER, KE7OEC WWW.DOVEMOUNTAINPHOTOS.COM

#19 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:43 PM

Thanks for the appreciation kc, not any more major changes in the works but will be posting the latest small one soon.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#20 kcowyo

kcowyo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLander, Wyoming

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:26 PM

Jay, we were on the Burr Trail in mid-November in '07, and we saw one, maybe two other vehicles. We started at north end of the Waterpocket Fold by the east entrance of Capitol Reef NP, and exited in tiny Boulder, Utah.

The trail was fantastic. A lot of washboards for the first few miles but not bad at all. Apparently when it rains, the soil turns into some kind of dirty super glue, making the trail nearly impassable. Other than that, no problems.

A view of the Waterpocket Fold -
Posted Image

By the way Jay, I see a Columbus in your avatar... Did I miss something?

Captain Coors - Randy, we sure missed you and Linda in Kofa last November. It was another great get-together and much warmer than Death Valley a few years ago. And I found an In-N-Out in Yuma, on the way out! Hope we can catch up soon -

The Four Wheel Camper Review Thread

Toyota T100/FWC Eagle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users