Photo
- - - - -

7 th Annual Four Wheel Camper SoCal Regional 4WD - Rally – Dates: Friday October 19th - Sunday the 21st. Check back for Updates

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#11 FoxenTec

FoxenTec

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:37 AM

Quote:  Over the years they have gotten bigger. This will be our second year in Ocotillo Wells, an off road place where we can get our four wheel drive trucks dirty. Yeah.....

---------

Thank you Jim for the update and for all your volunteering.

The last time I was at Ocotillo Wells was in the mid 70's on a 2 stroke.  Our 4WC is only 2WD with some Cooper Discovery All Terrains so I wonder how well I would do out there in the dirt.   

Jon

FoxenTec

#12 RC Pilot Jim

RC Pilot Jim

• Members
  • 1,544 posts
  • LocationSan Diego Calif

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:04 PM

If we do any “tours” you can ride with some one as we will do this year since we sold the Samurai and as we are too lazy to drop the top .
The Event Center is in an area of “ fire road” type dirt. Hard packed so you won’t get stuck with 2 WD.

The trails have a lot of soft sand which is the reason one needs 4WD.

This year no organized tours as Four Wheel will be bringing a off- road expert to teach us technique. More about that later when I’m instructed to post the flyer.

Jim

Retired from truck camping June 2021

Our Basic Eagle/Fleet Shell Build

#13 hoyden

hoyden

Lady Bug

• Members
  • 1,459 posts
  • LocationCarbondale, IL

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:45 AM

Oooh, if I'm still not-employed in October I'll try to make this. 

Any way to volunteer/work off (any part of) the $125?  :D

https://no-destination.org/ .:.  https://razorgirls.org/

2014 Tacoma DCLB + 2015 FWC Fleet

As I get braver I get stronger, and as I get stronger I get braver. It’ a good cycle.

#14 rollinrollinrollin

rollinrollinrollin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:04 PM

I just got off the phone with Pete (sales) at FWC and asked how to be put on a list for the October rally in SoCal.  He said that the Oct. rally reservations are going to be made through an event website, but he wasn't able to elaborate beyond that.  He asked me to call Stan Kennedy next week to find out more info.  He thinks the details will be posted on the FWC website soon.  Anyone have more specific information? 

#15 radarcontact

radarcontact

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationWyoming, USA

Posted 11 August 2018 - 01:29 AM

Can Wyoming people come?  LOL

#16 RC Pilot Jim

RC Pilot Jim

• Members
  • 1,544 posts
  • LocationSan Diego Calif

Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:32 PM

Hoyden -

The $125 fee is to help offset the food, drinks and misc items costs. And cost to rent the Event Center for the weekend $400. I assume the off-road expert will be paid a fee for his services. There is no camp site fee because there are no campsites.  You will be camping on open desert. The flyer will have more information next week.

Contact  stan@fourwh.com to ask your "work-off" question.

Radar -

Anyone that owns or "will-soon-own" a four wheel camper can attend. In past we have had folks from Washington, Alaska, Arizona and other states attend.

Jim

Retired from truck camping June 2021

Our Basic Eagle/Fleet Shell Build

#17 inciter

inciter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSan Diego Area

Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:41 PM

It's hard to call it a road trip for us, as we are only a 45 min drive away. Prepare for 90's daytime and 70s night. This year has been way more heat wise the 90's have turned into 108 nighttimes 90s.  Worst we ever seen within the last 4 years, we are hoping for better.

Non 4x4s don't worry! the comradery of fellow drivers you will be taken care is 99.9 percent if you'll get stuck.

No Shade Bring it!

AC if you have it, there's always the truck.

Gas is not that far, but juice up before you head down,  Julian and or Boulevard off the 8.  

It's life or death if you are alone.... But FWC owners will keep that from happening. 

If' Tom (s) is doing the Training ( TS ) he teaches the marines at the base, we have taken many class  from him and every dollar is worth it... We are talking $500 for two. 

Never fret about being alone on this run, you won't be. 

Tim/Kate

Edited by inciter, 13 August 2018 - 01:42 PM.

#18 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:43 PM

The 7th Annual So Cal Rally & Campout registration is officially open !

We are using EventBrite for signing up this year.

It should make the process quicker & easier for everybody. You can log in day or night to sign up, you'll get a receipt & a ticket e-mailed to you after you have signed up, and you can cancel your reservation on-line if something comes up last minute where you won't be able to attend.

Click here to sign up . . .

https://www.eventbri...ets-48807462434

Please let me know if you have any questions or problems with registering.

Once you have registered, you will receive an e-mail with additional information about the weekend, the basic itinerary and also directions on how to get there.

We have signed up a few staff members already and have tried to bug test it. Seems to work A-OK so far!

:)

Edited by Stan@FourWheel, 13 August 2018 - 11:47 PM.

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#19 knoxswift

knoxswift

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationAshburn, Virginia

Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:01 AM

#20 inciter

inciter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSan Diego Area

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:30 PM

I'm going to go with a yes, I've never been to a place in the area that did not allow them, Standard 6 foot lead under control.  As a past member has said this is not a campground it's open desert.  Borrego Springs is not far away for some creature comforts and touristy spots that are not tourist traps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users