• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chel

Chel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:30 AM

After testing the Hawk's furnace at 10 degrees in the Ruby Mtns of northern NV 2-14-09 we headed south, first to Valley of Fire State Park, NV, just west of Lake Mead. This is a great park with isolated campsites for tenters, hookup sites for the big rigs and nicely separated sites for truck campers. The red rock formations look almost like flames when you look down in the valley. The park roads make for good biking and there are interesting on and off trail hiking opportunities through the rocks. The hundreds of MoHo's parked just outside the park on BLM land are a testament to the undeveloped camping in the area.

Next we visited the Buckskin Mountains east of Parker, AZ. There is a complex of developed off road areas, wildlife preserves and protected wilderness areas here. Turn east off US 95 on Shea Road south of Parker and spend a day or a week exploring the Buckskins. Get back on pavement in Bouse. We had a nice undeveloped campsite on BLM land between Swansea and Midway, less than 100 yards from the East Cactus Plain Wilderness boundary. We spent the morning hiking up a small wash in the wilderness area.

I'm still not having much luck uploading photos. The upload fails, presumably because the file size is too big. Does anyone have a quick fix for me?
2008 Tundra Doublecab SR5 TRD, 5.7 V8, helper springs; 2008 FWC Hawk; Yakima Tracks/ Control Towers roof rack, Yakima Swingdaddy hitch rack; Champion Covers bicycle cover.

#2 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:20 PM

I usually open the file in paintbrush, resize it and then "save as" the new file.

#3 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

All of the photos suites allow you to "resize" your pic. Its a good idea to keep the original at the size you shot it in. That way when you print it you get much better resolution. Sooooooo copy the original and resize the copy.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#4 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:03 PM

Another way to post photos is to use something like photobucket.com. You upload the pic to the site, then copy the html link and past into your post. No resizing needed, photobucket does it for you. The code looks something like this:
"[IMGhttp://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x146/cruiser1313/05-04-18-UTtrip020e.jpg[/IMG]" <-- NOTE:I left out the right bracket ] right after the IMG so it wouldn't show the pic. I put it back in below and there is the pic. DD, this is ok on WTW right?
Posted Image
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users