17 replies to this topic

#11 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:21 AM

What if you have a black car with no AC?

Hey Mtn-High, so what is it with Colorado folk?:rolleyes: We just returned today from a trip to southern part of Yosemite NP, camping along the Merced River. The campground follows the river for about a mile. My wife found a nice little beach near our camp to set up and relax. I stayed in camp with the dog. About a half hour later a Chevy Blazer pulls up with Colorado plates, three guys get out , gather their towels and such, and hike down the river for a place to spend the day. Guess where they set up? 10 feet from my wife! No exaggeration. A mile of riverside to choose from, with only one other couple on the river, and they want her spot.

#12 mtn-high

mtn-high

Campground Host- FUNKYTOWN

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:40 AM

I dunno for sure, Ted, but it sounds a lot like some of those California transplants we ended up with back in the late 80's when your housing market went to s*it the last time around.

#13 Sportsman Matt

Sportsman Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:13 PM

I read that and unfortunately realize that sooner or later it will become a law there, then the state I live in, good 'ol Taxachusetts will copy the law and add another fee on with it. (Politicians don't have a common sense portion of their thought process, so they'll pass it no matter what anyone thinks)

I do agree that there actually may be some merit to it as far as the cooling system working more, but this gets down right rediculous.

Of course with the Government running GM now and Chrysler soon, we'll all be driving Yugo sized cars because that's all that they will be making.
Fly Fishing the North East, New England, and Eventually the world.

#14 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:32 PM

I dunno for sure, Ted, but it sounds a lot like some of those California transplants we ended up with back in the late 80's when your housing market went to s*it the last time around.

These guys were to young for that. Must be recent transplants from the current housing market crash. Based on their idea of personal space, I would have to guess L.A, area.;)

#15 mtn-high

mtn-high

Campground Host- FUNKYTOWN

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:51 PM

Ted,

No matter where they hail from it's sad to see so many people out there who lack a basic level of respect for others.

Such incidents are why we usually avoid campgrounds/other campers when possible...

mtn

#16 Puffins

Puffins

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • LocationJackson County OR

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:41 AM

Of course with the Government running GM now and Chrysler soon, we'll all be driving Yugo sized cars because that's all that they will be making.

No ones driving their cars now, so what will the difference be?

I said cars not trucks:D
Mike Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket? (Had 95 Hawk on a)06 Chevy 2500HD Crew Duramax 02 Nash 19B State of Jefferson Refugee

#17 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:27 AM

mtn-high,

Agreed as to the usual choice of avoiding campgrounds. The last time we were at this particular site there were only two other sites occupied. I counted 19 this time - quite a different experience. We decided if we would go back there it would be in January. Got to love having a heater!

#18 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:56 PM

I noticed a bill number was never given. Turns out that is because there isn't one: http://www.snopes.co...ic/darkcars.asp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users