#1 sLOVEagle

sLOVEagle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:54 AM

Hello to everybody,

im from Slovenia (Europe) and im the owner of the new
FWC Eagle.I bought it this summer in Germany at Wohnkabinencenter and i think that im the first in Europe to own an FWC camper.
Here are some pictures of my wife and me from our summer holidays in Corsica the French island.There are also some pictures of my dinnet mod that i start to build.(not finished yet).The concept is modularity.For storage i use plastic cases
which i put under the seats.With the dinnet the interior is much more spacious and flexible.I can also transform it in couch /bed.I just lower the table.
Well i will see how it works, for now im happy with it.

I have a question about the shore power 110V receptacle.
My Eagle dont have it and i want to mount one.
Can some Eagle owner measure the exact position where is originaly mounted (picture please)? I m afraid to drill in the frame before i know the exact position.

Another question:does someone knows a online shop that ship
to Europe the 303 Aerospace Protectant.In Europe i cant find
it.

Thanks for the input

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Southern Gent

Southern Gent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationBessemer, AL.

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

sLOVEagle Welcome and Travel Safe. Someone with Electrical experience will answer your question. I own a Granby model and travel the Southern USA area. Great Images Thanks for sharing. You Married Well.

1996 Granby Four Wheel Camper mounted on 2004 Silverado 4x4 Extended Cab w 8 Ft. bed truck. Happy Selling

#3 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:15 PM

sLOVE,
How very cool. 1rst FWC on the continent. I hope you learned about these great campers on Wander The West but evn if you didn't welcome aboard and thanks for the great pix.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#4 Yukon

Yukon

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationEdmonds WA

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:24 PM

Hello sLOVEEagle,

Welcome to the forum. I also have an Eagle (2008). I bought my camper as a empty shell and built the inside myself. My recommendation to you is to ask for assistance from the 4WC Company. They are very helpful.

I added 110 V receptable to my camper last summer. The difficulty is finding where the metal frames are inside the camper wall. You do not wish to drill thru the aluminum frames. I removed the side panel from the inside wall and then I drilled a small pilot hole from the inside to the outisde. Then I mounted a piece of wood between the metal frames to make it strong and mounted the receptacle inside the wood. In the attached picture you can see the aliminum frame. In between the frame pieces, you see white foam for insullation. 4WC may be able to provide better pictures. The attached picture shows the 110 V outlet in the lower left corner of the picture (round). I bought an outlet from a boat (marine) supply company and it is weather proof. The numbers on the picture are the measurements of the metal inside the wall in 'inches'. But, I do not know if 4WC makes their frames exactly the same way for each camper.

There is a company in Seattle that sells fantastic outdoors fabrics for making tents and other outdoors items. I have seen that they do carry Aerospace 303 in their store. Their web site is www.seattlefabrics.com and they do ship internationally.

I enjoyed your pictures very much. What a dream vacation. I image you must have taken the ferry from Italy to get to that beautiful island. How nice to be able to camp right on the beach. While I have lived in Switzerland and Germany for a number of years and traveled near your country (Italy, Austria, Hungary), I have never been to Slovenia. It is great to have another international 4WC member.

Good luck with your power problem.

Chris

Attached Thumbnails

• camperwalls2.jpg
  • Electrical4.jpg

Yukon (aka Chris) Photo: Treking frozen tundra above Arctic Circle 2008 Eagle and 2008 Nissan Frontier (Northwest WA)

#5 Darryla

Darryla

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

Congradulations on your new Eagle. You can look up Aerospace 303 on the internet. Under Retailers it shows International distributors. Maybe you can find it there? It looks like you can buy direct from them also. I have a new ATC Bobcat and I love it.

Have fun,

Darryl

#6 Jack

Jack

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • LocationPortland OR

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:10 PM

I highly recommend getting a converter / battery charger. It converts 220VAC to 12VDC so you can run lights and other 12V appliances and it also trickle charges your battery. AVPentco (AVPentco@mc.net) is the international distributor for the Iota DLS-30 converter/charger that FWC installs. Iota makes a 220V version of the DLS-30. You can also buy an Iota add-on module that "smart" charges your battery. It takes 24 to 48 hours to trickle charge a run-down battery while a smart charger takes 3 to 6 hours.

But there are other good converters out there - a 20A or more converter should do you well. A quick check of some German sites indicates that you should be able to get a converter for well less than 100 Euros.

2015 Fleet on 2019 Ranger

#7 sLOVEagle

sLOVEagle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:56 PM

Thanks to all for the info .
Yukon the picture of the frame is very useful.You made a beautiful work to your Eagle.Very professional.
Yes, i have taken the ferry from Italy to get to Corsica.Slovenia is near Italy and the town (Koper)
where i live is just 20 km from Italian border.
About the 303 aerospace protectant : the problem
is that no one wants to ship liquids by AirMail.

#8 Darryla

Darryla

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:38 PM

L.E.M.A.
Via Bonini, 3
Varese, IT
Telephone: [39] 0 332 238 014

#9 ScottBailey

ScottBailey

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:52 AM

The dinette looks great!

Scott Bailey -- W7SEB
2007 F350 XLT Diesel CC SRW SB 4x4
Cheap tent and a Partner Steel stove. 
Future? Really like the Hiatus, but I'm broke AF, so dreaming about a DIY.
SOLD: 2008 ATC Panther:dinette, 5th wheel

#10 sLOVEagle

sLOVEagle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:34 AM

I found On 303 products home page a link for international
distributor www.dickson-constant.com but the link dont work:confused:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users