• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#81 Manfred65

Manfred65

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Locationnear Augsburg, Bavaria, Germany

Posted 25 September 2020 - 09:36 PM

I ordered a "sandwich"-panel: PU-foam between two layers of fiberglass, reinforcements for the hanging cabinet in the kitchen + tubes for light and roof vent wiring. Since i import BundutecUSA-Campers now i was glad to get enough material of their Aluminium roof framing profiles with my last camper order. Unfortunately this fall i will not find the time for the job.

Using some Dekalin glue for sealing and bonding needs temperatures in the 50´s. My "shop" in our old barn is not heated and temperatures dropped the last week.

2000 Ford F-250 SuperDuty SC LB 7.3 Lariat
1992 Jayco Sportster 8ft Popup

http://www.wanderthe...8ft-renovation/

BundutecUSA, TravelLite and Palomino TruckCamper Sales in Germany and Europe

#82 kmehr

kmehr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 10:53 PM

It’s gotta be hard not to pull the trigger on a new one if you’re importing them now. Those are so nice! Then again you did a great job on yours during the remodel.

Former- '83 Jayco Sportster 7 (fully rebuilt, sold) on 05 Dodge 2500 Cummins (sold)

Current: '23 Outfitter Juno 8.5 on '22 Ram 2500 Cummins

1970 Toyota FJ40

#83 Manfred65

Manfred65

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Locationnear Augsburg, Bavaria, Germany

Posted 26 September 2020 - 08:49 PM

@kmehr

It is really hard....but my "best of all wifes" told me that i will be back on the market if i sell the Jayco.   :rolleyes:

I am actually looking for a longbed 3/4 or F150 Supercab with HD payload package under 10k$ after selling our F250.

I have seen a lot of camper production lines and their products. They do a really good job at Bundutec and especially on shortbed trucks they have the best weight distribution ever.

I consider a BundutecUSA Sable for our next truck. Maybe i extend it to 8ft if i find a longbed again. The advantage would be that i always have one on display even when the Demos are sold out.

To all the "midsizers" here. I got 2 great Campers, a midsize Version of the "Wild" 7ft with wet-bath and cassette toilet and a narrow BushBaby für switzerland that has a total width of only 6ft. 

2000 Ford F-250 SuperDuty SC LB 7.3 Lariat
1992 Jayco Sportster 8ft Popup

http://www.wanderthe...8ft-renovation/

BundutecUSA, TravelLite and Palomino TruckCamper Sales in Germany and Europe

#84 kmehr

kmehr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 03:12 AM

Hit my 24th night in the camper this weekend with my late rifle elk hunt. Buddy and I spent 4 nights in northwest Colorado chasing the wapiti. Unfortuneately we ate tag soup, but we had a great time and saw some beautiful country. Overall it didn’t get that cold at night except the last night (about 5 degrees) and we stayed very comfortable. I did tuck a layer of reflective floor underlayment insulation under the canvas straps all the way around and I think that really helped contain heat tremendously. Best part is it was only about $10! I Velcro’d some to the ceiling as well but that stupid Velcro just won’t stick to the insulation very well.

I learn more about it every time I use it. The good is the solar setup, even in winter has been great for keeping everything going and the furnace will a little albeit ugly insulation can keep it comfortable even to very cold temps. I did have a 20 degree sleeping bag so that helped too.

The bad is that I definitely need to redo the angle of the tie downs. With the old setup the camper never moved, but this way, on an off camber section of off-road dirt, she shifted a solid 6 inches sideways and I thought we were going over!

Looking to the future- I certainly lust after a new camper. I’m worried about the longevity of everything given the amount of fairly intense off-roading I keep finding myself doing. I’m just waiting for the trip where we get to camp and the top won’t lift because the lift system snapped or some wood torqued too much on the road getting there. Further, our family is growing, we’re expecting our first child at the end of February and will definitely need some more space. I think the ultimate dream is to throw a flatbed on the ole dodge and plop down cash on a hawk flatbed model. We’ll just have to see!

Hopefully some pics will post in the next post of the trip!

Former- '83 Jayco Sportster 7 (fully rebuilt, sold) on 05 Dodge 2500 Cummins (sold)

1970 Toyota FJ40

#85 kmehr

kmehr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 03:22 AM

IMG_0965.jpg
IMG_0964.jpg
IMG_0963.jpg

1970 Toyota FJ40

#86 corybrown50

corybrown50

• Registered (Tapatalk)
  • 182 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 26 November 2020 - 02:26 AM

That's a perfect trip, save the tag soup....

Heading out next weekend with a buddy here in Ohio for deer. Not a long trip but hopefully will be a great get away in God's Majesty.

Congratulations on getting her out regularly. That's what they are for.

#87 kmehr

kmehr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 03:07 PM

Good luck! Hope you put
More meat on the freezer than I did. Growing up in Kentucky I hunted white tails religiously but I’m still a novice elk hunter. Every season is a learning lesson though! I found the most important thing hands down in being in great cardio shape.

1970 Toyota FJ40

#88 corybrown50

corybrown50

• Registered (Tapatalk)
  • 182 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 26 November 2020 - 09:13 PM

Good luck! Hope you put
More meat on the freezer than I did. Growing up in Kentucky I hunted white tails religiously but I’m still a novice elk hunter. Every season is a learning lesson though! I found the most important thing hands down in being in great cardio shape.

Hahaha.....yes sir

The lure of the elk bugle has called me for years, but I have yet gotten serious enough to plan 6-9 months in advance to workout for a real trip west. Good luck to you as well if you have a chance to get back out.

#89 kmehr

kmehr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 10:04 PM

Hahaha.....yes sir

The lure of the elk bugle has called me for years, but I have yet gotten serious enough to plan 6-9 months in advance to workout for a real trip west. Good luck to you as well if you have a chance to get back out.

Well if you ever get serious enough and want to come to Colorado, reach out and I’ll give any advice I can!

1970 Toyota FJ40

#90 HoppyToGoWandering

HoppyToGoWandering

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 06:09 AM

Perfect timing finding your page. I'm in process of getting my own 7 and should have full possession by the end of the weekend. Your information is really going to help me as the two of ours are very similar. Now I just have to figure out the dang picture issue! Ha Ha Ha Ha!

GH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users