68 replies to this topic

#51 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,362 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 27 September 2019 - 03:31 PM

Who knows where we might end up. We do not publicize that we will be away from home. You are most welcome when you are coming west to PM us to see if we may be an area. The few WTW members we have had the pleasure to meet have been really nice people. Thanks for the kind comment and good to see you are getting out and having fun! :)

Hi Ski. Haven't been on the forum for awhile. I was in the same area in Wyoming three or four weeks ago.Pretty place. Too bad I didn't meet up with you two. Maybe someday. You two still get around alot. Nice road trip you had.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#52 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,362 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 03:36 PM

Frank, thanks for following along! I expect Julie has well over 200 miles on the new boots now and she still loves them. :)

Great looking rams.When you come upon them while out hiking

or along the road it's such a treat.

Good choice of boots.We have used Salomon products for some time now.

Really like how they "walk",great shoes.

Thanks for this part.

Frank

Smoke & Timber, there's lots of fun to be had just out your front door! How's Timber doing taking over driving? Thanks for following along!

Wish I was there too! And from GBNP to Yosemite (and you get to get there by driving across Nevada -let the adventures continue!).

Smoke

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#53 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,362 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 03:48 PM

Ronin, thanks for the comment, we appreciate it! Lowas have always been great boots but just like most industries, they are always looking for more profitable options and they're changing locations where many of their models are built and tweaking design and components. Julie has always used the Lowa Renegade. Two years of use really breaks down not only the sole but the heel pocket and support around the ankle holding the heel in place. The new Salomons have a really nice heel pocket and ankle support and lacing that allows tightening up the ankle area without smashing the front of the foot. We'll see how they hold up. Part Three - Green River Lakes - is in the Wind Rivers.

Thanks for following along! :)

I finally read through your great summer adventures. What a great trip and some monumental day hikes. Such a treat to see the Bighorns!! Lately any ascents approaching 14,000' have been giving me altitude sickness so I just avoid them. Great to see you still making the climbs!! My current boots are Salomons and I think they're great. The soles of my last 2 pairs of Lowa's delaminated. The csr at REI said I can only expect to get one year out of them. Whaaat!! Did you go the the Wind River Range? I'd love to see your pics from there- maybe from another posting? Thanks for 5 great TRs!!

#54 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,362 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 03:51 PM

Hey Vic, you gave me a good laugh this morning, thanks! Yes, we had a whole lot of fun in Yosemite and would have never thought of going without the invite. :)

wow, that’s a great set of hikes in Yosemite! best line for me was “Mules are fine examples that it is okay to be half ass.”

vic

#55 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,362 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 03:53 PM

Mr. Sage, you are most welcome but don't fall asleep in your easy chair quite yet. We have one more chapter to go! :)

Lovely conclusion to the Big Summer Adventure. Thanks for letting us join you!

#56 Ronin

Ronin

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:58 PM

Ronin, thanks for the comment, we appreciate it! Lowas have always been great boots but just like most industries, they are always looking for more profitable options and they're changing locations where many of their models are built and tweaking design and components. Julie has always used the Lowa Renegade. Two years of use really breaks down not only the sole but the heel pocket and support around the ankle holding the heel in place. The new Salomons have a really nice heel pocket and ankle support and lacing that allows tightening up the ankle area without smashing the front of the foot. We'll see how they hold up. Part Three - Green River Lakes - is in the Wind Rivers.

Thanks for following along! :)

Well duh - somehow I passed over part 3, now my fav of your TRs!! I'm hoping to include it on a trip to Jasper. 

2019 Tundra 2019 Panther Shell

#57 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,302 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 28 September 2019 - 12:35 AM

Your Yosemite part is one of the best of the trip.All are great but Yosemite is such a special place.

Your shot of the valley up to Half Dome is spectacular.

On our Norway trip a month ago the Fjords we saw looked like Yosemite Valley with water.

Thanks for this part of the trip.Can't guess where you will finish.

Just have to be surprised.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#58 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,362 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:11 PM

Frank. we are glad you enjoyed it! Thank you. :)

Your Yosemite part is one of the best of the trip.All are great but Yosemite is such a special place.

Your shot of the valley up to Half Dome is spectacular.

On our Norway trip a month ago the Fjords we saw looked like Yosemite Valley with water.

Thanks for this part of the trip.Can't guess where you will finish.

Just have to be surprised.

Frank

#59 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,362 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:14 PM

It is finished! Finally the whole story is told and the final chapter is posted on our blog. It can be found here -

Hoover Wilderness - August 2019

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. We appreciate it! Please enjoy the final chapter. :)

#60 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,028 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 01 October 2019 - 02:34 AM

Wonderful vistas. Thanks once again for taking us along!

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users