13 replies to this topic

#11 Outerspace

Outerspace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:04 PM

Wow, What great versatility in a Mfgr'r!! Building a "skinny camper" with a "fat" floorplan for a Tundra..Ingeneous!! So much wasted space running my "Skinny" FWC Ranger on my "Phat" Tundra..

That is GREAT customer service Marty!:thumb:

TT

That's why we went with ATC over fourwheel. While there was some cost savings as well, Marty's flexibility with our custom ideas was the main one.

Met Stan from Four wheel campers at the sportsmans show here in SLC this March.

Nice guy and nice product. Seeing one convinced my wife this was a viable way to go. They just are not set up to do what we wanted.

Sorry Stan.

We are way excited to try it out next weekend.

Back to editing...

S

#12 marty

marty

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:01 PM

The lower section is at 90 percentish now and your roof will be attached around 11 am. we are hoping to let the glue dry some befor we hand it over to you. haha the steel bracket to help support your jurycan was revampet by the r & d director (jeff) and is now a removable aluminum plate. it looks better than the steel. it was tested with 175 pounds (don) and held up just fine.
Marty

#13 Outerspace

Outerspace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:58 PM

Marty,

You guys are the best!

I'll get with AT and see what's what with the can holder. Looks like I'll be installing it. Should go easier with the R+D directors improvements.

KC

You deserve all the generous comments you get. You detailed observations and well written travelogues (and pics) have turned alot of folks to these two companies.

Got airbags installed yesterday.

As an aside, my mechanic called airlift and was told that the bags are designed to stretch 4 inches (!!!) when inflated ans extended. They said a spacer was not needed even with the axel drop he was seeing. His words to me "lifetime warrentee, thats what they said". He also has them in his 1st gen double cab.

S

#14 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

Congrats. Now lets see some pics. :D

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users