#1 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 May 2020 - 12:11 PM

Hi folks-

Happy Mother’s Day  to you Moms out there...

‘A few months ago I became aware of a fuel card program that is available to the RV community who drive diesel trucks that is what the big rig companies use to save significantly on their fuel costs at participating fuel stops.

I signed up for it and it looks to be a great opportunity to save anywhere from $.25 to over $.75 per gallon!

Here’s some more information about it..

https://www.rvtravel.com/diesel-937b/

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#2 Snaves

Snaves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City

Posted 10 May 2020 - 06:20 PM

Thanks for sharing!

#3 Advmoto18

Advmoto18

• Members
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationCoastal Low Country, SC

Posted 11 May 2020 - 03:49 PM

Thanks Eddie!

I was not aware such a thing existed!

Bill

South Carolina Low Country.  

#4 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,022 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 11 May 2020 - 09:49 PM

Only problem with that is I usually plan my trips with routes that avoid Freeways.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#5 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 June 2020 - 11:50 AM

We finally got a chance to check out how the card works and I am happy to report that it is fairly easy to use. Since you go through the truckers lanes there are more questions that you have to answer on the pump keypad but as you can see the savings are definitely worth it...I don’t think you guys in Cali have ever seen diesel prices like this!

Attached Thumbnails

• D0D75AF8-128E-457B-882A-DB8FD662FA8D.jpeg

Eddie
KO4CPL

#6 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 June 2020 - 11:53 AM

Another benefit we found is that the app allows you to search which stations have the best prices virtually anywhere in the country so you can choose where to fuel up to get the best prices. We didn’t need to fuel up at the above stop but the price was so low that we had to try it.

Eddie
KO4CPL

#7 Andy Douglass

Andy Douglass

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:17 AM

At the bottom of the article you linked, there is a link to an update. They are reporting that a week after they wrote the initial article, Good Sam had Pilot/Flying J stop honoring this card for RVers, as they already had an exclusive RV discount contract with the company. Apparently, this program still works with Love's.

#8 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:46 PM

At the bottom of the article you linked, there is a link to an update. They are reporting that a week after they wrote the initial article, Good Sam had Pilot/Flying J stop honoring this card for RVers, as they already had an exclusive RV discount contract with the company. Apparently, this program still works with Love's.

There has been some back and forth on this topic but in the last 10 days I have used it successfully at Pilot, TA and Loves.

Eddie
KO4CPL

#9 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 August 2020 - 09:03 PM

Just a quick update. We have just returned from our 10 week trip to Alaska (and hope to have a report up in the next few weeks).

The TSD card was extremely useful in the lower 48, primarily on major routes. It did show stations that were not in their program and the prices they charged so even if you aren’t on a main route it would allow you to find the best price in a given area.

We also found that the discount program was not available in Canada or Alaska but in the case of Canada it seems that all the stations in a given town charged the same as their competitors so it wasn’t as important there.

I had originally budgeted averaging $4.00 per gallon for the trip and  will guesstimate the actual number ends up coming in around $2.50 to $2.75 per gallon...

Eddie
KO4CPL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users