• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 26 January 2021 - 07:54 PM

That's a lot better way to go.

At $47 a year that's reasonable price.

What about nonresidents?

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#22 2trout

2trout

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationGlenwood Springs

Posted 27 January 2021 - 01:12 AM

Frank,

Non Resident season fishing is $108.10. Remember that the areas this is required for are State Wildlife Areas and State Trust Land only. Very specific properties.

trout

#23 Stray Dog

Stray Dog

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationCanon City, Colorado

Posted 01 February 2021 - 02:50 PM

It's not a hidden tax.  It's a fee designed to generate money for state lands from users who traditionally have used these properties for free.  

It has been tried before and rescinded.  I expect we may see some sort of permit developed rather than requiring a hunting or fishing license.

#24 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 09 February 2021 - 08:53 PM

For years the feds have talked about issuing a recreational type use type permit for a modest fee (similar to our beloved  "gezzer permits ") that allows you to use Public Land and I would have no problem with that!  Fishing and hunting  permits  are issued by the individual states because they manage those resources and the feds the land ) and I always get a Calif fishing lic. and depending where I plan to spend the most time that year an out of state fishing lic., for either Nevada or Oregon (you can always get one of those 3 day temp. lic. if need be too).  Nothing worse that being out in the back country somewhere and find that perfect fishing hole and not having a lic 

Smoke

Edited by Smokecreek1, 09 February 2021 - 08:53 PM.

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#25 OutToLunch

OutToLunch

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 04:10 PM

Use of Arizona State Trust Lands require a fee.  It is $15 for individual, $20 for family.

#26 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 24 May 2021 - 12:33 PM

Just got my Montana fishing license. I will need to pick up a separate license for fishing on Yellowstone NP. If you are fishing on Native American land, they may require a separate license as well. We will be in Montana 8/5-9/10

jd

Montana has, as do many states, a modest baseline access fee which is required to be purchased by anybody who must otherwise purchase a hunting or fishing license. I don't know if the baseline fee is due for only accessing state game lands, but I think it is solely tied to actual licensure. But I'm a fixin' to find out by purchasing two fishing licenses for an upcoming trip.

Foy

Edited by longhorn1, 24 May 2021 - 12:35 PM.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#27 dennis 221

dennis 221

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 12:34 PM

Well I'll never go back an spend my money in eastern Colorado got kickd out of a camp sit that No one used in a year weeds where as tall as my fenders because a did not have a Colorado fishing an hunting license. Their loss not mine. I refused to buy gas go to a local restaurant an did no grocery shopping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users