3 replies to this topic

#1 Sportsman Matt

Sportsman Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:27 PM

Howdy all, I'm getting set for my annual trout fishing trip out here in New England. Should be fun, as the spring weather has made it quite interesting out here for water levels.

I'm starting out on the 15th from home and headed to Chesterfield MA, camping at Indian Hollow Campground with Trout Unlimited throug to Monday the 18th.

Then I'm headed north from there to the Mohawk State Park to fish the Deerfield River, listed in the Trout Unlimited's 100 Best Trout Rivers in the US.

I'll be packing up from the Deerfield and headed to the Millers River on Wednesday the 20th, figure 1 day and a Trout Unlimited Meeting should be fun. From there I'm headed back to the house to resupply and clean out the camper (I'll have been in it for 6 days, the longest I've done yet)

On Thursday the 21st I'm either headed to NH, VT, NY, PA or RI. I haven't decided yet. Hopefully I'll figure it out by Wednesday Night.

Unfortunately I have to return on the 23rd, my girlfriend is flying back from her week long vacation in Florida, and I'll have to get her at the Airport at 4PM.

So that's the plan so far, hopefully nothing will happen before I can get on the road with the truck camper to make this a fun vacation.

See you on the road

Sportsman Matt
Fly Fishing the North East, New England, and Eventually the world.

#2 captainkettel

captainkettel

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:51 PM

Here is a couple of photo's of the last trout I caught at the Quincy Lakes area in eastern Washington. Trout were 14-18 inches in length. A fun day of kayaking, fishing and camping. Camped for a week or so..:D

Attached Thumbnails

• Burke Lk.jpg
  • Burke Trout.jpg
  • Burke SMB.jpg

#3 Sportsman Matt

Sportsman Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:23 AM

Nice pics. I'm leaving the canoe at home, doing a lot of river fishing, so probably be living in the waders the whole trip. I like your setup for camping, I used to have an old E-150 that I could throw a matress in to stay over in some places, but now I'm sticking with the good old truck camper. Nice pics, hopefully I'll figure out how to post pics when I get back, leaving Friday morning, won't be back for almost 2 weeks.
Fly Fishing the North East, New England, and Eventually the world.

#4 Phird05

Phird05

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCrested Butte, CO

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:56 AM

Hey Sportsman Matt,

I went up to our local tailwater fishery today as all of the other rivers are blown out due to the spring runoff. This fishery is known as "The Pig Pen" as the trout can reach up to 30+ inches. I was fortunate to land a 10-12 pound rainbow, a 20" Brown, and another rainbow in he 6 lb. range. I'm not bragging, I just haven't been able to fish for a while due to the high water, and it was great to feel the tug of such healthy fish, so I thought I would share it with you all. I may have to go back there tomorrow. :)

Good fishing to you on your trip! Make sure you post some pic's on your return.

Paul
2008 F-150 5.4L QC 4x4, ride rite air bags, 2009 Hallmark Milner LX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users