#21 mtn-high

mtn-high

Campground Host- FUNKYTOWN

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:51 AM

Zip...zing....

Wow...t'was such a nice feeling to be warm again. I think this was the first trip in almost a year of ownership where we didn't use the furace whatsoever.
A one blanket night...'er..a...>nights< I should say.

3 dogs in tow, barko. Thankfully they are good most of the time!

Nope...not a relocation, highz. Just a bit of an investment while the market is down and a place for my oldest to live while in college. (NMT/Socorro) Definitely A LOT nicer than the college crash pad we had..LOL.

maybe someday we'll use it ourselves for a winter abode...

saw one FWC on the road...might have been on a Ranger...was a smaller truck fer sure. Saw it just south of Buena Vista, CO.

did the entire return drive today..... ughhh.....

as always..it goes too fast......

mtn
Wherever ya go...there ya are.

#22 INYO

INYO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

Great report mtn....enjoyed reading it.

Sorry to hear the trips over.. but look at it this way, now you can start planning the next one.
08 Tundra DC, Ride Rites, 04 Hawk

#23 RonSchon

RonSchon

Bailmatic

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:36 PM

I wouldn't blame it on the booze, sounds like these folks were probably on the low end of the gene/manners sober.

There is a song out now that describes these folks as Category 3 folks IMO...

God is Great, Beer is Good, People are Crazy....

BTW... That is a place I want to visit... The pics you posted show some magnificent viewage.
The Trial of Miles... Miles of Trials.
2004 Dodge 2500 Crew Short Gas
1995 FWC Hawk
2005 Toy Tun Access Cab 4x2

#24 mtn-high

mtn-high

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:17 PM

There is a song out now that describes these folks as Category 3 folks IMO...

God is Great, Beer is Good, People are Crazy...

Well I finally heard the chorus of this song pipin' out from under the metal cover at the gas station while fillin' up the tank.

The liberal in me says "Well..2 out of 3 ain't bad".... LOL. Crazy sons-a-b......yeah..you know what I'm talkin' about...

Headin' SOUTH yet again. Gonna get a few nights "out" on the way down and a string of nights just crashin' in the driveway at the college den of hedonism in Socorro...aka..my son's house.

If anyone wants to stop by we'll be painting eaves and gable ends on the house all week and I'm sure we can find ya a brush.

Bring yer own (good) beer. (and a Bible)

we'll provide the crazy.

mtn

#25 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:22 PM

brett13,

I'm heading to New Mexico, around Cebolla for an archery elk hunt. Any tips on where the elk are located?

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

#26 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:50 PM

brett13,

I'm heading to New Mexico, around Cebolla for an archery elk hunt. Any tips on where the elk are located?

Sorry, I just saw this. Honestly, not sure where the elk are. My guess is east towards the mtns from Cebolla.
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#27 mtn-high

mtn-high

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:04 PM

I figured I'd add a few pics to this thread even though I'm not heading to NM til next month.....

I met 17 Internet buddies this weekend near Twin Lakes, Co. for a couple of nights.

You guys woulda died. I only saw 4 beers (question: is Coors Light really "beer"?) drank all weekend. Typical, they left their cans on the ground and I ended up havin to do a camp clean up after they left. I cut em slack cus they just moved here from Oklahoma. 'nuff said!! Next time Homie isn't playin that game though.

T'was THE windiest 3 days in a row I can remember here in Colorado in my 26 years here. The FWC was rockin'....and the wife wasn't even there....Posted Image It was damn hard to keep the party lit.....but we managed just the same... LOLPosted Image

"'tis a privilege to live in colorado"!

Attached Thumbnails

• a.jpg
  • b.jpg

#28 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,032 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:52 PM

After they left camp? Its traditional to leave the cans by the lawn chair so the next morning you can remember just how many beers you had, but to not clean up before leaving is just irresponsible.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#29 mtn-high

mtn-high

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:00 PM

They were friends of friends. Moved here 3 weeks ago. Irresponsible is the word.

It was windy as Hell and MAYBE they didn't see them as they pulled out....but still...>>>no excuse<<< in my book.

I forgot how bad stale beer smells. It was a good reminder all the way around >why< I stopped the practice 15+ years ago.

next time. NO beer!

mtn

#30 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:56 PM

I'm still get surprised by how piggish people can be. I have a fried who has a long of adventurous experience and quite the liberal but throw things like orange peels out on desert trails. In this environment that stuff will take over a year to go away and meanwhile everyone else gets to see it. Leave no trace is a pretty simple and basic rule.
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users