• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kwiggs1

kwiggs1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 02:02 AM

I have read a lot of conflicting information about how I can keep my batteries charge while storing my 2018 fleet. I have solar on top but will be storing the camper inside. I'll skip all of the info I researched and just say that I called Four Wheel Campers directly today and they told me that shore power is fine for long term storage. The only things I needed to make sure of is that the "converter" fuse is turn on and the plunder for the power to the camper is pulled to the on position. I was told that the camper will regulate power to the batteries and that the battery tender that I bought was not needed. This did not match up with many comments I have read. Thoughts?

#2 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,612 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 03 November 2020 - 04:38 AM

Your Fleet should have the Iota DLS-30 with IQ4 module (possibly built-in). This constitutes a smart charger suitable for keeping the camper batteries fully charged for long term storage. Check marking on the Iota unit for model number and download the owner’s manual from either FWC or Iota. 
The Iota with IQ4 takes the battery through bulk, absorption, & float. After 7 days in float it switches to a maintenance mode that keeps the battery in good shape. https://www.iotaengi...-acid-batteries

An earlier version of their document implied that it reverted to bulk then absorption then to float again although with modifications in the protocol.

I have left mine on shore power for several weeks without issues.

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users