• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Avg.Joe

Avg.Joe

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationAdirondack park New York state

Posted 22 December 2020 - 12:46 PM

I hope I've got this in the right place.

Recently I stumbled across the Visible cell phone plan. Visible is owned by Verizon and uses their towers. It's $40/mo. For truly unlimited everything. There are no caps on data, but they can throttle speeds at any time when there is congestion in your area.

The price gets better if you link up with up to 3 other people on their "party pay" plan. Each person has their own account and takes care of their own bill but the cost is reduced by $5 for each person in the party...up to 4 people with the lowest cost being $25/mo. That's all in, no extra taxes or fees.

This is an app based plan so no physical store locations or 800 number to call. All communication is done via chat or text. However it seems that Verizon customer service can and will assist folks with info at their discretion.

#2 Avg.Joe

Avg.Joe

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 12:49 PM

Forgot to mention that you can use your phone as a hotspot with unlimited data to one device at a time.

It used to be less restrictive but apparently some people were using the visible sim card in high end routers and selling data usage to neighbors.

We have started using this service and we link our tv to one of our phones. It is faster than when we were using a mifi device with Verizon service.

#3 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 01:43 PM

Thanks for the note, might be a good service to check out.

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

#4 windy

windy

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 09:46 PM

I’m impressed with T Mobile. If you are over 55 it’s $55/mo truly unlimited with hotspot and $15/mo for additional lines. For me it’s $70/mo for 2 lines and that is inclusive of all taxes and fees. I travel a lot and coverage has never really been an issue. If you happen to go to Mex or Canada (obviously not an issue for the immediate future [emoji37]) no xtra charges.

#5 Avg.Joe

Avg.Joe

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 02:34 AM

There's plenty of good deals out there.
Lots of folks live in rural areas where there's not much choice for service providers. Obviously I'm partial to Verizon but it's fair to say that you can get coverage from them most places. That's why they call it america's largest network.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users