75 replies to this topic

#61 ckent323

ckent323

• Members
  • 1,227 posts
  • LocationSolvang, CA

Posted 19 July 2021 - 09:37 PM

Final thoughts:

The unvaccinated who become infected become unwitting hosts for new mutations of the virus. 

The incidence of infection after vaccination is so low that it almost eliminates the risk of there being enough people infected  to give rise to new muttions that can spread.  That is part of the reason why vaccinations are so important (on top of keeping people from getting sick and being hospitalized).

Almost all of the new cases are in unvaccinated people.  The vaccines are clearly working and keeping the vaccinated from becoming hosts fpr the virus to mutate.

Without hosts the virus can't mutate.

Without infected people the virus can't spread.

If the virus can't spread then this whole problem would go away and we could travel freely (but of course there are millions of unvaccinated people in the US who are refusing to get vaccinated so that isn't going to happen).

Edited by ckent323, 19 July 2021 - 09:42 PM.

1993 Dodge Cummins W-250 Club Cab long bed, 2007 FWC Keystone

#62 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 20 July 2021 - 12:04 AM

Until my grandkids are able to be vaccinated I will continue to wear a mask around people I do not know. I am fully vaccinated but going to protect the kids. 

Bill

#63 dennis 221

dennis 221

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 05:53 PM

August 9th if shot

#64 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,972 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 21 July 2021 - 10:15 PM

Date got pushed back to Aug 21 for now.... and I imagine if the Delta variant spreads more then it will stay closed even longer.... sigh...

U.S. border to remain closed until at least Aug. 21 | CBC News

#65 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 04:40 AM

Hi Vic

I may be wrong but I read that the US has delayed entrant across its border but Canada is still allowing certain US citizens non essential passage INTO you nation starting August 9th.

David Graves

#66 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,972 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 22 July 2021 - 03:47 PM

yup, my frustration was in thinking I would be able to drive south sooner rather than later.  

#67 Dirt Rider

Dirt Rider

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 04:27 PM

Vic,

It's to hot down here right now anyway! Question is, can I get to Tuk this year?

#68 park

park

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • LocationWickenburg, Arizona

Posted 22 July 2021 - 09:24 PM

If they open the border as planned on the 9th.  I'm hoping to spend Sept/Oct roaming around in the far north in search of wildlife to photograph.  Fingers crossed.......

Grizzly%20Gravel%20Bar%20%282%20of%201%2

Blogsite:  http://www.nowhereto...ur.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/parkkitchings

Instagram Account @parkkitchings

#69 ckent323

ckent323

• Members
  • 1,227 posts
  • LocationSolvang, CA

Posted 22 July 2021 - 09:46 PM

The latest annaouncement (see Vic's post above) is that the Canadian border will not reopen to non-essential travel before August 21.  But Canada is now seeing an increase in new Covid infections (not as bad - yet - as the United States) and the number appears to be increasoing day over day so I am now skeptical the border is going to reopen to non-essential travel this summer.

Form the various information sites it appears that the Canadian Government still intends to open the border to non-essential travel on August 9 (with several requirements including full vaccination and pre-crossing covid test).  However, the UNited States gGovernment on July 21 announced (see Vic's post) that the US border with Canada and Mexico will remain closed to non-essential travel until no sooner than August 21.

According the the Canadian Government Border site, vaccination is required at least 14 days before crossing and a pre-crossing Covid test is required within 72 hours before crossing the border.  Random people will be selected for post crossing Covid testing.

https://travel.gc.ca...trictions/borde

Edited by ckent323, 22 July 2021 - 09:48 PM.

1993 Dodge Cummins W-250 Club Cab long bed, 2007 FWC Keystone

#70 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 22 July 2021 - 11:34 PM

If they open the border as planned on the 9th.  I'm hoping to spend Sept/Oct roaming around in the far north in search of wildlife to photograph.  Fingers crossed.......

Grizzly%20Gravel%20Bar%20%282%20of%201%2

Park that's a great looking griz.

Thanks for posting.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users