• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 ri-f

ri-f

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 24 April 2021 - 11:31 PM

A couple hours ago I hooked the batteries to my Noco genius 7500 which will slowly bring my batteries up to full.  Based on your suggestion I looked at the Lion Energy FAQ and saw,

Victron inverters charger and charge controllers should be set to 13.9 volts for a 12 volt inverter and 27.8 for 24 volt inverters."

​Based on the above Im guessing I should change the charge voltage from 13.2 to 13.9?  Or should I go higher?  

steve

Well, personally, I'd go with what your manufacturer suggests. If they say 13.9 then try it. BB suggests ~14.2 based on a 14.4 absorption. You'll know in a day when the solar charges it up.

- 2001 Cummins 2500 quad cab 4x4 turbo diesel; NV4500 5-spd manual transmission; CM aluminum flatbed, '20 FWC Hawk shell - hybrid buildout.  https://ian-frese-of...r.blogspot.com/

- 2004 Jeep TJ - Rubicon

#12 steve whiteside

steve whiteside

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationSan Diego CA

Posted 26 April 2021 - 12:57 AM

OK, all I think things are all better.  I changed the charge voltage to 14v and saw a ton more power go into the battery.  I got tired of using that 7am Genius charger and just put the camper back out into the sun.  Eventually it was full.  Then I drove it back into the garage, disconnected the solar and re-synced the system to the new 100%.

For fun I disconnected the shunt and recalibrated the current meter too.

Curiously with the bright sun directly overhead and the the air temp at 68F I saw more than an hour at ~ 375watts input.  I have 4 brand new flexible NEWPOWA 100watt panels.  If a puffy white cloud interfered the input power would drop down to ~100watts but for the most part the panels were kicking butt (almost unbelievable) compared to my expectations.  

Thanks again for all of your help.  You guys were spot on.  

Steve

2012 F350 4x4

2020 Grandby

#13 ri-f

ri-f

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 26 April 2021 - 01:03 AM

OK, all I think things are all better.  I changed the charge voltage to 14v and saw a ton more power go into the battery.  I got tired of using that 7am Genius charger and just put the camper back out into the sun.  Eventually it was full.  Then I drove it back into the garage, disconnected the solar and re-synced the system to the new 100%.

For fun I disconnected the shunt and recalibrated the current meter too.

Curiously with the bright sun directly overhead and the the air temp at 68F I saw more than an hour at ~ 375watts input.  I have 4 brand new flexible NEWPOWA 100watt panels.  If a puffy white cloud interfered the input power would drop down to ~100watts but for the most part the panels were kicking butt (almost unbelievable) compared to my expectations.  

Thanks again for all of your help.  You guys were spot on.  

Steve

Cool : )

- 2001 Cummins 2500 quad cab 4x4 turbo diesel; NV4500 5-spd manual transmission; CM aluminum flatbed, '20 FWC Hawk shell - hybrid buildout.  https://ian-frese-of...r.blogspot.com/

- 2004 Jeep TJ - Rubicon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users