22 replies to this topic

#21 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:09 PM

Hello Coopcoyote

All of the new Four Wheel Campers have a light grey material for the "pop-up" portion of the camper.

We might be able to order in some custom "Tan" fabric, but I would have to have someone look into that if you are interested.

I know we still have one new "pop-up" liner out in the shop that is the "tan" fabric. I have no idea what sized camper it was built for, but we can have someone measure if you are interested. I'm sure we could make you a deal on it :)

We have 3 full times sewers here on site, so we would be glad to build you a replacement if you want.

Just call toll free and ask for Chicali in service (800) 242-1442

We spent many months redesigning the windows and trying to perfect it so we don't have to use the outside storm flaps anymore. We brought the manf. of these in-house so we could make it happen and keep the quality control and design in-house, rather than relying on an outside vendor.

For 20 years the older four wheel campers (tan fabric) didn't have the outside storm flaps and it worked well. Most of our customers really like the fact they don't have to go outside with a step stool and roll the storm flaps up and down everytime they want a window open. The new trucks are getting so tall, it makes it hard for most people to reach the outer flaps when installed.

If you really wanted them, we could make them for you on a new liner.

Hope this info helps.

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#22 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:15 PM

good info...thanks stan!

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#23 Coop

Coop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationEastern Sierra CA

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:10 AM

Hello Stan.

Thanks for your reply re: the "pop-up" top material.

Yes, I am most definately interested in the new "tan" fabric top your have
remaining in your shop.
My camper is the early Keystone extended model that fit full size pickups.
It measures 80 inches wide x 12 feet long.

If that should not be a fit, then yes, I would appreciate looking into some custom "Tan" material, and...would obviously be prepared to pay a small premium, if need be, to obtain a custom lot!

I take it that, for sure, the "original multi-layer tan material" that was used is no longer even made/available, is that so?

Yes...if/when I have a new top put on, I will probably opt' for the "exterior"
storm flaps, along with the standard interior velcro closure window panels and flaps as well.
It's been my experience here in the high desert country that "high, strong winds" go with the territory, and...more often than not the interior closure panels simply get "blown open". As they did several times this past weekend trip. (Especially so as the velcro wears and loses it's grip) So...while the exterior storm panels might not get used very often, they are/will be a good option to have.

Thanks again...Coop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users