52 replies to this topic

#41 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,022 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 13 January 2022 - 04:50 PM

I've seen that more than once. I watched a Jeep that was behind me roll on a loose downhill everyone else had no trouble on. 

Even if your vehicle is capable of more there is no point in pushing yourself past your comfort level. We're out there to have fun not push ourselves to our limits (mostly). 

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#42 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,968 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 13 January 2022 - 07:38 PM

We're out there to have fun not push ourselves to our limits (mostly). 

Funny statement to me... having fun to me = pushing my limit.  Maybe that's why I appear to have been so hard on my body?  ;-)

#43 Wallowa

Wallowa

Double Ought

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationNE Oregon

Posted 13 January 2022 - 07:56 PM

Funny statement to me... having fun to me = pushing my limit.  Maybe that's why I appear to have been so hard on my body?  ;-)

With you Vic...that is also why my body appears so old B) ...assumption of risks is a choice and those successful risks taken serve to re-vitalize the spirit.  Cliches:  " A ship is safe in the harbor, but that is not what it is design for", or, of course the other one which is also applicable:  "Keep the rubber side down"!   :rolleyes:

#44 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 13 January 2022 - 08:13 PM

I'm not quite sure how I've managed to live this long, I'd have thought that my adolescent self would have kilt me dead by now.

"Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone"

--ntsqd household's fridge magnet, quotee unknown.

It's right above:

"My therapist has a wet nose."

I'm figuring that a few here would like that second one.

Thom

Where does that road go?

#45 Wallowa

Wallowa

Double Ought

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationNE Oregon

Posted 13 January 2022 - 09:11 PM

I'm not quite sure how I've managed to live this long, I'd have thought that my adolescent self would have kilt me dead by now.

"Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone"

--ntsqd household's fridge magnet, quotee unknown.

It's right above:

"My therapist has a wet nose."

I'm figuring that a few here would like that second one.

Indeed, give your Pup a hug from me....still miss my Golden...

In diving the first 'dive computer' [profiling dives] was a SCUBAPro affectionately called the 'Bend-o-Matic' and then a true computer with valid algorithms named an “Edge” [no not the Irish musical group “Edge”] was used by our research dive team…our axiom was to follow the profile “to the Edge” but not over it…kind of like any adventure, you never really know how they will turn out…on or off road.... B)

Edited by Wallowa, 13 January 2022 - 09:12 PM.

#46 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,022 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 13 January 2022 - 09:56 PM

Some are more willing to push the limits than others. How about sidehilling something like this?

https://expeditionpo...-of-this-world/

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#47 Wallowa

Wallowa

Double Ought

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationNE Oregon

Posted 13 January 2022 - 10:05 PM

Some are more willing to push the limits than others. How about sidehilling something like this?

https://expeditionpo...-of-this-world/

Good one Craig....CG/CM on that sucker has got be way up there....AND to topple over a million dollar camper is WAY out of my budget!

Edited by Wallowa, 13 January 2022 - 10:09 PM.

#48 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,968 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 14 January 2022 - 12:21 AM

looks like a lesson in how to take a fully capable off road vehicle and make it a parking lot queen.  Way too tippy looking!

#49 Wallowa

Wallowa

Double Ought

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationNE Oregon

Posted 14 January 2022 - 01:06 AM

looks like a lesson in how to take a fully capable off road vehicle and make it a parking lot queen.  Way too tippy looking!

Hey, only needs to safely get from Starbucks to Starbucks....oh, and to photo shoots...or was that a 'photoshop shoot'?

Hopefully that vehicle is more stable than it looks...reminds me of an upside down keel on a sail boat and 'self-righting'... :cool:

Manuf site:  https://www.sod-muc....ws/sod-rise-4x4

Can't tell if is aluminum, carbon fiber or fiberglass....look at where the engine exhaust is on right side of vehicle, odd.  Evidentially modular, since the camper can be removed " and can be operated independently"..to serve as a guest lodge?  Unique indeed.

Edited by Wallowa, 14 January 2022 - 01:16 AM.

#50 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 14 January 2022 - 03:11 AM

I am pretty sure no one alive has done things in a 4WD more risky/stupid than I did as an adolescent and very early 20-something. If there is a quota on how many close calls you get to have -- well, I have used all of mine up, I am sure. Could, but won't, tell many tales of my breathtaking stupidity. Proof positive that with age comes wisdom -- only very, very slowly.

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users