• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 simimike

simimike

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca.

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:15 PM

I see where Mahindra has postponed the debut of their new trucks for six more months. I getting tired of waiting for these. Maybe I'll just buy a Crosslander.

Cheers,

Mike

#2 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:22 PM

There was a blurb about Mahindra in the latest Overland Journal. They mentioned that Mahindra was having a difficult time finding dealers in the US that wanted to carry them. Then they mention that maybe all these Chrysler and GM dealers that got screwed might be needing a new brand to carry.....

Also in OJ was mention again how stupid the US manufacturers have been in limiting diesel engine offerings when clearly there is strong demand for them. That seems to be a point of contention here at WTW - the actual demand. I am in the camp that believes that there is strong demand for small turbo diesels. I would buy one and I know many other people that would as well. IMO the real problem here is that our car companies are ran by dummies that can't forecast for more than 2 years and use the price of fuel today to make product decisions.

I hate to see another overseas brand hit dealers when our manufacturing base is in such trouble, but I'm not sure how I can complain when US car companies are ran the way that they are.

#3 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

From Mahindra:

Mahindra’s mid-size trucks and SUVs offer a blend of ruggedness, performance and affordability. They have the largest payload of any compact pickup truck (2,765 pounds)* and an estimated 5,000 pound towing capacity*.

Top it off with a 4-year 60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and you’ll find that these babies are even more cost-efficient than the best hybrids and are brimming with uncompromising features.

30 MPG* • 4-WHEEL ABS BRAKES • UNIQUE STYLING • EXTRA LONG CARGO BED • ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL • TRACTION CONTROL • ROLL-OVER MITIGATION • 6-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION • AM/FM/CD/USB AUDIO SYSTEM

Forget everything you thought you knew about diesel engines.

Turbocharged Mahindra clean diesels provide a power-packed 30 miles per gallon creating benefits beyond any other vehicle in its class.

Mahindra’s common rail diesels are cleaner, quieter, greener and more efficient than ever. Our new generation of clean-burning diesels emit 97 percent fewer sulfur emissions than old-school diesels and virtually no sooty particulates. They produce 30 percent fewer greenhouse gases per mile than gasoline engines – while getting 20 to 40 percent better fuel mileage. And they do it all while maintaining the traditional diesel advantages of more torque and greater durability.

#4 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:44 PM

From Mahindra:

And each and everyone of them will be blessed by Mahatma Ghandi himself, I can't wait to get mine.
"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#5 kcowyo

kcowyo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLander, Wyoming

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:59 PM

Maybe I'll just buy a Crosslander.

Ahhh yes, the much vaunted, never gonna happen Crosslander -

Posted Image

Some friends of mine lost a ton of money signing up to be a dealer for those turkeys. Nice concept though. Shame it didn't happen.

The Four Wheel Camper Review Thread

Toyota T100/FWC Eagle

#6 simimike

simimike

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca.

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:37 PM

DD, I agree. If Ford,Chevy or Dodge put a small high MPG diesel in a pick-up I would buy one today. To me there is a large pent up demand for such a vehicle. I live in "The House of a Thousand Projects" and would love such a truck to run around the happy valley doing my errands. Plus how many tradesmen, gardeners and delivery people could use such a truck? If the current small truck manufacturers don't wake up, Mahindra and Tata will step in to meet the demand.

kcowyo, The same guy that brought us the Crosslander is bringing us the Mahindra. Is it another never going to happen deal? Or is Mahindra using delaying tactics so they can call them Saturns?

#7 kcowyo

kcowyo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLander, Wyoming

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:42 PM

I'm not privy to any info on the Mahindra. But two friends sank almost $20K into becoming a franchised Crosslander dealership and it never happened. Last I heard about it, they weren't expecting a refund either... I know what the Mahindra is, but not much else. I haven't really followed it's development. I wasn't even aware of the tie to the Crosslander. That's interesting. And not very encouraging...

The Four Wheel Camper Review Thread

Toyota T100/FWC Eagle

#8 jcfly

jcfly

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:01 PM

I hate to see another overseas brand hit dealers when our manufacturing base is in such trouble, but I'm not sure how I can complain when US car companies are ran the way that they are.

Most American corporations are poorly run. They can't see the forest because all those damn trees are in the way!

You'd think Toyota and Nissan would literally leap into the diesel market - where are they? Hello?? Buehler....
Buehler....
Jim 2009 Chevy 2500 HD / 2004 FWC Hawk

#9 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,028 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:30 PM

I know Mahindra has been building vehicles in India for a long time. They make a version on the Jeep CJ3B I wish would be imported. Its not a johnny come lately company. Though I won't speculate on this project.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#10 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:30 AM

I've been waiting for ages for a Mahindra for Pam. Yeah that's it Pam, she needs one it's for her. No really it is.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users