2 replies to this topic

#1 michelle_east_county

michelle_east_county

Advanced Member

• Registered (Tapatalk)
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 July 2022 - 07:32 PM

If you’re staying in Orange County, CA and avoiding the expensive, full-hookup campgrounds near Disneyland or expensive beachfront camping, try O’Neill Regional Park, Arroyo Campground at $20/night, $15 seniors. This clean county park offers flush toilets and showers. Reservations probably needed all summer and winter snowbird season. It’s near suburbia (but you don’t really see it) in the foothills of the Santa Ana Mountains, which offer lots of hiking (Cleveland National Forest), and you’re still day-trips away from museums, beaches, and amusement parks. Toll roads (no toll booths now, so pay online if not registered) to most easily get there.

#2 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,302 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 15 July 2022 - 11:11 PM

I remember staying there in 1981 on a trip to Disneyland.

We found it by accident.

Glad to see the place is still a nice place to stay.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#3 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 23 August 2022 - 12:14 AM

I met my (to be) husband on a trail near Mammoth Lakes and (as I tell people) I "did a year in Orange County".  We were in an apartment complex right on Trabuco Creek in El Toro (wildlife highway - I got to see the coyote chase the roadrunner for real) and O"Neil Park was one of our favorite places to go. I can vouch for the fact that you have no idea how close you are to suburbia. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users