• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Seeyainhelljohnny

Seeyainhelljohnny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 November 2022 - 12:34 PM

Just got a composting toilet for install into our Hawk. Compo cuddy for those interested and had a question about mounting.

I’d like to put it on pull out slide so it stores in the cabinet to the right of the side entry door. My question is where to I mount the slides? Can I mount straight into the floor? Or should I mount it to the cabinet it’s self?

or any other ideas besides slide outs where I can easily pull out and stow the toilet?

#2 DarinH

DarinH

• Registered (Tapatalk)
  • 118 posts
  • Locationwestern Colorado

Posted 22 November 2022 - 02:12 AM

I would think floor mounted slides would provide a stronger anchor than the plywood walls of the cabinet.

#3 Seeyainhelljohnny

Seeyainhelljohnny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 11:35 AM

I guess better way to phrase the question is am I going to screw up my camper by screwing into the floor?

I’m assuming it’s made of something like 3/4” plywood so aim for not going entirely through the floor?

#4 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,591 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 22 November 2022 - 01:39 PM

The floors are indeed a thick plywood, probably 3/4”.

I am haunted by waters

#5 Cpt Davenport

Cpt Davenport

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • LocationDavenport CA

Posted 22 November 2022 - 03:26 PM

Attaching to 3/4 plywood floor should be sufficient. If you are looking for the belt AND suspenders approach, you could also use some 4200 in the screw holes. This would also seal the wood in the holes where the screws are. In my opinion, it would be best to not penetrate the floor completely.

#6 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 23 November 2022 - 09:57 PM

i would put another piece of ply over the floor area, to give you a bit more plywood to screw into.  you could even glue this down to increase the strength of the floor, in that area.

Oregon

#7 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 November 2022 - 11:53 PM

That looks like a real nice set up you found and would love to hear your impressions after a "Test Flight" I have tried a few set ups and Have settled for taking both the marine port-a-poty and a wag bag folding unit depending on the trip. That unit sounds ideal (tho pricy).

Thanks for the "heads' up on it  and look forward to your install and trip report.

We have an Eagle so not your Hawk set up. Our Marine unit is to the right rear corner as one enters the camper..the specs say it would fit.

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users