239 replies to this topic

#211 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 28 February 2023 - 05:40 PM

Doing the Ares net last night the Grass Valley guy was on emergency power. Good luck. Just a nice light rain here.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#212 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 28 February 2023 - 05:56 PM

Four hours on the tractor with snowblower yesterday and an hour and a half this morning. Still snowing and near whiteout conditions.

Keep the news people at Safeway and the Starbucks inside, good place for them.

.......and we still have power.  :)

....probably just jinxed that.

..........whiteout conditions.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#213 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,594 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 28 February 2023 - 06:31 PM

<snip>

<snip>

That’s vicious!  Why on earth would you inflict that on Safeway and Starbucks? :P

I am haunted by waters

#214 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,612 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 28 February 2023 - 06:45 PM

One good thing for these conditions should be that CalFire & PG&E should be less likely to work together to kill your power. Mother Nature is likely a bigger threat for power outages unless everyone stays home to charge their EV, eh?

Good luck.

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#215 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 28 February 2023 - 07:02 PM

This winter at least gave us this classic:

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#216 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 28 February 2023 - 07:23 PM

That poor guy. What the stations put their people through.

I liked his comment "I didn't know there was another 3:30 in the day"

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#217 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 28 February 2023 - 07:35 PM

One good thing for these conditions should be that CalFire & PG&E should be less likely to work together to kill your power. Mother Nature is likely a bigger threat for power outages unless everyone stays home to charge their EV, eh?

Good luck.

Paul

I can watch the weather forecast and plan for those outages. The problem is when Liberty Utilities fails to notify anyone that the power will be turned off for "maintenance". And then when I try to sign up for text notifications I am told that there is no such account. And not to mention the time Liberty attempted to put our area on generator and plugged the wrong thingy into the wrong thingy and blew up several tens of thousands of dollars worth of well pumps/computers/appliances/etc or the fact that their snapped power line burned down 1/3 of this town in Nov 2020.  

Free Yourself From The Plug! Liberty Utilities! 

(our power has not gone out this storm cycle - yet) 

Edited by teledork, 28 February 2023 - 07:36 PM.

#218 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 28 February 2023 - 07:37 PM

That’s vicious!  Why on earth would you inflict that on Safeway and Starbucks? :P

couldn't think of a better group of people to inflict it on? 

#219 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 28 February 2023 - 07:51 PM

I've heard people say that the county/city whoever should come back and shovel me out.

My driveway is right at a bend in the road. I had cleared it and took off to ski for the day. When I came home the county plow had decided to use my driveway for snow storage. I left my truck on the side of the street and walked up to the house, climbing over huge ruts and a berm that was about ten feet high and 20 or more feet up my driveway. Early the next morning a friend and retired plow driver up the street was down there cleaning it up with his tractor. He was livid and had called the county and chewed them a few new ones on my behalf. The story was that the driver "didn't know there was a house up there".  I started leaving my second vehicle down there after that event and recently told my neighbor that it was like musical chairs - if you don't put something in the space someone else will. 

Yeah - I would have called the county and demanded they clean it up if it had not been for my friend. 

Edited by teledork, 28 February 2023 - 07:59 PM.

#220 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 28 February 2023 - 09:48 PM

Oh, plow drivers, snow clearing companies, neighbors - off to Safeway and Starbucks with all of you!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users