Photo
- - - - -

Does this 2008 FWC eagle seem like a decent deal?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dole

dole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 April 2023 - 11:06 PM

Listed for $15,000 but the seller has come down to $12,000 by now because I guess it's been up for a while. I am looking for an FWC to put on my 2nd gen tundra and live out of full time. Was hoping to find a shell model close to $10,000 and this is the closest I have found.

https://www.facebook...51640293281525/

Edited by dole, 02 April 2023 - 11:07 PM.

#2 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,968 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 02 April 2023 - 11:13 PM

Well, it looks OK, and it is a FWC dealer selling it.  Plus it isn't a shell, but includes sink/stove, etc.  Hard to say what it is "worth".  Only you can decide if it is worth it to you.  Good luck with your search!

#3 dole

dole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 April 2023 - 11:27 PM

Well, it looks OK, and it is a FWC dealer selling it.  Plus it isn't a shell, but includes sink/stove, etc.  Hard to say what it is "worth".  Only you can decide if it is worth it to you.  Good luck with your search!

I am thinking of "worth" in terms of whether or not I could resell it in a few years for close to what I got it for. I have never purchased an FWC before, and I am not very savvy to exactly what the purchase value of one like what I linked should reasonably be. I do know that in today's market, everything used is being price jacked, which is why I'm asking if this is a fair price.

#4 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,593 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 03 April 2023 - 12:41 AM

Have you seen the camper in person?  The pictures are so dark I can’t get a good read on the interior.  I’d want to look for leaks in the headliner, behind the arctic pack, and around the lift boards at both ends.

I am haunted by waters

#5 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,968 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 03 April 2023 - 01:16 AM

I am thinking of "worth" in terms of whether or not I could resell it in a few years for close to what I got it for. I have never purchased an FWC before, and I am not very savvy to exactly what the purchase value of one like what I linked should reasonably be. I do know that in today's market, everything used is being price jacked, which is why I'm asking if this is a fair price.

FWC have excellent resale value.  In a "normal" market, you could be pretty sure of selling it for close to what you paid, especially if you keep it clean and do a few upgrades.  At least, that's what I've seen.  Others here will be sure to chime in!

#6 BBZ

BBZ

• Members
  • 666 posts
  • LocationGolden, CO

Posted 03 April 2023 - 01:05 PM

Seems overpriced to me and looks a little rough.. its 15 years old and looks it...

The market is certainly hard to predict, that was a 6-8k camper pre covid.. I do sense that things are starting to correct themselves and prices are normalizing a bit... 

Also, hold out for what you want or you might just end up selling because you are satisfied. (Personally we have a Shell and fitted it the way we like, I find the shell models to be way roomier)

2023 F-150 Scab HDPP + 2013 Grandby Shell +

https://www.wanderth...ect-90s-granby/

#7 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,022 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 03 April 2023 - 03:25 PM

I think it looks pretty good for a 15 year old camper. 

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#8 PJorgen

PJorgen

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationNorthern Nevada

Posted 03 April 2023 - 07:05 PM

I agree, I think it looks darn good for a 15 year old FWC. I could probably sell my 10 year Hawk for close to $20k, so this one at $12k installed is a deal. 

2014 Hawk, Silver Spur exterior on a 2012 GMC 2500HD 4x4.

#9 Beach

Beach

• Members
  • 866 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 10:30 PM

Looks ok but at that age I would check thoroughly for water damage/leaks. Headliner, exterior wood and around the door assy too. Give the fabric a once over as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users