• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 BlueGhost93

BlueGhost93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 10:49 PM

In my Alaskan for a refrigerator/freezer I went with the NovaKool R3803 that is a good size (100L) and can sit lower than most since it has a stepped back and the compressor on top.  Made to fit the hull of a boat but works well for truck campers.  It is DC/AC but I went with DC only since it it is cheaper.  For your application if you are only using the camper for duck hunting a chest type DC fridge may work just as well since you don't need the size for a day or two and it can be removed and used for other things.  Another option would be a truck fridge that are smaller and cheaper.  Here is the NovaKool:   https://www.suremari...25/R3803DC.html

Thats a good idea. i ordered a iceco chest style. I can use it here and in the boat!

I also just picked up marine paint from sherwin williams. Its catalyzed so should hold up well. 

#12 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 14 July 2023 - 02:49 PM

Great looking pair! Good luck with the build.

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#13 BlueGhost93

BlueGhost93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2023 - 10:26 PM

Thank you mighty dodge!

Couple things. Does anybody know what these tiedown looking brackets are for? My first guess was traditional camper style tiedown rods.

Secondly, does anybody have a extra pair of badging for the sides?

#14 BlueGhost93

BlueGhost93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 July 2023 - 08:12 PM

Here is the image of the tie down thing in question. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5885.jpg

#15 dastrom

dastrom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 02:17 AM

Thank you mighty dodge!

Couple things. Does anybody know what these tiedown looking brackets are for? My first guess was traditional camper style tiedown rods.

Secondly, does anybody have a extra pair of badging for the sides?

Don't have any extra badges and they are not cheap when they show up on eBay.  The latest ones that sold were about $100 each.  An alternative is a decal.  This place has them but don't know much about them.  Scroll down and they are listed there.

https://www.customvi...ands--a-f-.html

Edited by dastrom, 18 July 2023 - 02:19 AM.

#16 BlueGhost93

BlueGhost93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 03:19 AM

Don't have any extra badges and they are not cheap when they show up on eBay.  The latest ones that sold were about $100 each.  An alternative is a decal.  This place has them but don't know much about them.  Scroll down and they are listed there.

https://www.customvi...ands--a-f-.html

I emailed them. Id prefer badges but the stickers have good color it seems. Good resource! Thanks

#17 BlueGhost93

BlueGhost93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 05:38 PM

This is the reply i got, 

My Alaskan decals come in a set of two for $38.00.

All my decals are made when ordered. I drew the Alaska to appear dimensional like the original emblem but are flat vinyl full color decals.
They are printed on the new Epson 10 color archival "fine art" printer, over twice the number of colors used in traditional decals. This yields the highest quality, most vibrant, and longest lasting decals anywhere.  The substrate material is an industrial exterior commercial sign vinyl made for this printing process. I then laminate the printed vinyl image with an additional UV-resistant vinyl layer to add protection and yield the gloss surface. The decal is die-cut so there is no rectangular background.
My turnaround time is now a week to ten days.
I have a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
U.S. shipping is free.
If this might work for you, let me know and I can email you an invoice.
Thanks!

Lanny

Attached Thumbnails

• Alaskan copy.jpg

#18 BlueGhost93

BlueGhost93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 03:17 AM

Update of the week. It’s 100 degrees out but I got the solar panels on the roof. And for whatever reason the phone doesn’t like to upload images. I’ll try from my work computer tomorrow.

#19 BlueGhost93

BlueGhost93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 10:41 PM

Desktop works. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_6146.jpg

#20 Bos_Trok

Bos_Trok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 07 August 2023 - 09:56 PM

Looks like a clean install on the solars!

1965 8" NCO Alaskan, low side service bed, and 2002 Cummins 2500

Check out my gallery as I update my camper

20230917 181412
Album: Progress pics on the 65 NCO
29 images
0 comments

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users