31 replies to this topic

#1 Jzack605

Jzack605

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 September 2023 - 08:30 PM

Just picked up a new Hawk for my ‘19 Tundra. Absolutely love it and had a few good night in it in NH and on the beach already. However it does have a few quirks that I’m honestly a little surprised about given the price point and spartan reputation. First is the door latch will rotate and prevent it from closing. Thinking I’ll put in a few washers to allow it to tighten down more, but would love to figure out a gasket type deal if that was possible.

Second one, and perhaps more alarming, is these two bubbles under the bed. It seems the adhesive is coming undone.

I plan on following up on both of these but figured I’d see what people here think as well.

#2 Jzack605

Jzack605

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 September 2023 - 08:31 PM

IMG-1593.jpg

#3 heinphoto

heinphoto

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area (East Bay)

Posted 04 September 2023 - 08:42 PM

You should definitely reach out to FWC and have both issues addressed under warranty - neither is normal.

FWC Slide-in Grandby and OEV Aluma Tray on a Ford F350 Supercab with the 6.2L Gas Engine.

http://www.heinphoto.com/

IG: heinphoto

#4 veryactivelife

veryactivelife

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 September 2023 - 04:51 PM

I'm not sure what you mean about the lock problem, but that bubbling is definitely a warranty issue and most likely the lock as well. Reach out to your dealer. Bummer about the inconvenience this will cause.

Dean and Mary
2015 RAM 2500 Cummins with 2015 Four Wheel Campers Hawk flatbed

VeryActiveLife on Facebook, instagram & YouTube

#5 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,300 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 05 September 2023 - 07:19 PM

Definitely contact  Stan at FWC .The issues aren't normal ,it's a brand new camper?

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#6 Jzack605

Jzack605

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 08:12 PM

Brand new camper. Just left a message with their service department. Issue is the dealers are far from me and hunting season is right around the corner which I got specifically for.

#7 Ouroboros

Ouroboros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 08:22 PM

I bought a Hawk in 2021. I was amazed at the lack of quality control.

Edited by Ouroboros, 05 September 2023 - 08:24 PM.

#8 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,300 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 05 September 2023 - 10:21 PM

Brand new camper. Just left a message with their service department. Issue is the dealers are far from me and hunting season is right around the corner which I got specifically for.

Welcome to the cult.

They should take care of it.I would think that once you start the warranty issue the clock stops ticking,you would think.

Good luck.Stay on top and don't let them not take care of your problems.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#9 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,980 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 05 September 2023 - 10:47 PM

Borrowing this thread… I noticed bubbles like that on our camper last week too. And I can find no sign of water intrusion that might have caused it. Puzzling and disconcerting for a decade old camper, never mind a brand new one. I am very curious if anyone has noticed similar bubbling?

#10 Jzack605

Jzack605

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 10:52 PM

Just got off the phone with them and it’s covered under warranty as expected. They will replace the door and entire board. Issue is distance and scheduling all of this. Pretty flexible given the circumstances.

In the meantime I got the ok to do a short term fix to keep using it. I’m thinking I will make a small pin hole and put a flat piece of wood under it for a day or two and see if it will adhere again, at least temporarily, to keep it from getting worse. Now I ask the hive mind, is it worth trying to inject some kind of adhesive? Honestly if it was a permanent fix I’d be fine with it if it means not sending my camper all the way back to the west coast from the NE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users