• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Coasty

Coasty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 04:45 PM

I bought a 22 Cougar that doesn't have the bed extension.  Does anyone have pics they can share of their bed extension?  I'm curious how thick the wood is that is used for the extension portion so it doesn't flex.

Also curious about whether or not you have your camper insured and if so, with whom and how much do you pay a year?  Our insurance company said it's not an option to insure it 

#2 jimjxsn

jimjxsn

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationRoxborough Park or Buena Vista CO

Posted 23 October 2023 - 06:23 PM

Insurance - $535 a year, Progressive as a Travel Trailer with a value of $24000 (sent to Progressive by USAA)...

~Jim
2000 Tundra AC- 2000 FWC Ranger

2017 Tundra DC - 2017 ATC Panther

#3 jimjxsn

jimjxsn

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationRoxborough Park or Buena Vista CO

Posted 23 October 2023 - 07:24 PM

Bed extension - I don't have a great picture.  This one was for my awning bolts...

I think the plywood thickness is probably 3/8 and no more than 1/2 inch.  You might call ATC and check for sure.  It is an 18" extension and is supported on both long sides, by the end piece and resting on the overhang.  The foam cushions are in two pieces for transport.  If you can figure out a way to make it one long piece, it would be more comfortable.  My hip sinks into the crack between the two cushions.

20210508_153150-L.jpg

~Jim
2000 Tundra AC- 2000 FWC Ranger

2017 Tundra DC - 2017 ATC Panther

#4 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,297 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 23 October 2023 - 07:31 PM

I bought a 22 Cougar that doesn't have the bed extension.  Does anyone have pics they can share of their bed extension?  I'm curious how thick the wood is that is used for the extension portion so it doesn't flex.

Also curious about whether or not you have your camper insured and if so, with whom and how much do you pay a year?  Our insurance company said it's not an option to insure it 

Welcome to the cult.

Get in touch with Marty at ATC,he can give you the info you need.

I have Allstate and with the camper on always, it's not covered by homeowners insurance.

I have separate coverage for a stated value.I valued my ATC Bobcat at 12K my yearly premium

is around 160$.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#5 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 24 October 2023 - 12:56 AM

i built out a Cougar shell and the bed extension is 1/2" plywood with oak boards for the slides and a cut down 2x4 for the front piece. it is very solid and does not flex at all.

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

#6 Coasty

Coasty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2023 - 06:16 PM

I appreciate the insurance info, I did get it sorted out with our insurance and it wound up cost $250 a year.  

Taku, when you say front piece, do you have a piece of wood supporting the bed extension where it meets up with the bed or just along the sides of the camper?  

#7 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,974 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 24 October 2023 - 07:30 PM

I appreciate the insurance info, I did get it sorted out with our insurance and it wound up cost $250 a year.  

Taku, when you say front piece, do you have a piece of wood supporting the bed extension where it meets up with the bed or just along the sides of the camper?  

the 1/2" plywood slides almost all the way out, and rests on the fixed part of the cabover, with about a 1" overlap.  That's what makes for the uneven sleeping surface some have mentioned.  It also rest of the side sliders, AND has a 3/4" thick 4" high piece of oak the width of the camper at the side that doesn't slide under the mattress.  A picture would be better, but I no longer have a pull out bed.

#8 Coasty

Coasty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2023 - 06:23 PM

the 1/2" plywood slides almost all the way out, and rests on the fixed part of the cabover, with about a 1" overlap.  That's what makes for the uneven sleeping surface some have mentioned.  It also rest of the side sliders, AND has a 3/4" thick 4" high piece of oak the width of the camper at the side that doesn't slide under the mattress.  A picture would be better, but I no longer have a pull out bed.

Thanks Vic, that's great information and what I was looking for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users