32 replies to this topic

#11 rubberlegs

rubberlegs

curmudgeon

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 17 November 2023 - 03:50 AM

I read somewhere that BFGoodrich will have KO3 tires sometime next year. I’m curious what’s changing.

Tacoma/Fleet 2018.

#12 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,772 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 17 November 2023 - 05:33 PM

Yea they are coming... sometime.  The tire is out on a couple of new trucks from two different dealers.  Not out to the public yet or on the website.  Here is a couple links for some old information.  I have 8 years and 49,000 miles on the KO2 on my 4Runner with good tread remaining and waiting for the KO3 to come out for replacement.

https://forum.expedi...ng-soon.235590/

https://www.rivianow...ad-5332&slide=6

https://www.google.c...e&ie=UTF-8#ip=1

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#13 JHanson

JHanson

• Members
  • 489 posts
  • LocationTucson and Fairbanks

Posted 17 November 2023 - 11:07 PM

Love the picture of your old Toyota pickup, paint it green and that’s our setup. If 16’s worked for you on that rig they will definitely work for me.

Checked out your very informative website. While I have read a lot of your stuff in various magazines over the years, there was definitely much more there that I haven’t seen. Do you have any other pictures of that Toyota and camper hidden on your site? Would be great to see and read about all you probably did to and with it while you had it. I’ve had mine since new, but unlike most sane people, I will be driving it until they wrench the keys out of my cold dead fingers. Always interested in how others use and improve that model. Can’t tell you how many people tell me that’s the truck they most regret selling.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge,

Tom

Thanks for the comments Tom! We don't have nearly enough photos of that truck; it was a dead-reliable workhorse. Here it is before the Four Wheel Camper (with a Wildernest).

53338974925_d06ee1ea04_z.jpg

#14 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,593 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 18 November 2023 - 02:33 AM

Jon, that kayak looks a lot like a Nimbus Seafarer.  Any chance I’m right?

I am haunted by waters

#15 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,968 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 18 November 2023 - 02:44 AM

:-)   That picture looks like it might have been taken more than just a few years ago....  :D  :P  :lol:  B)  :rolleyes:

#16 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,593 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 18 November 2023 - 01:46 PM

:-)   That picture looks like it might have been taken more than just a few years ago....  :D  :P  :lol:  B)  :rolleyes:

That’s how old my Nimbus kayak is.   :P

I am haunted by waters

#17 JHanson

JHanson

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 04:18 AM

Jon, that kayak looks a lot like a Nimbus Seafarer.  Any chance I’m right?

No, that's an Easy Rider Eskimo. Really good kayak with a really dumb name.

#18 JHanson

JHanson

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 04:19 AM

Maaaaybe . . . .

#19 Tom n N

Tom n N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationLos Osos, CA

Posted 25 November 2023 - 10:11 PM

We had 235/85x16 BFGs on our pre-Tacoma Toyota pickup. They worked perfectly. Certainly no clearance issues.

14127267231_4ba4178a6a_z.jpg

The size is fine for sand; airing down lengthens the tire footprint far more than widening it. We traversed the Abu Moharek dune chain in Egypt in Land Cruisers on 235/85x16s.

53096699068_2e54d6c3fd_z.jpg

Hey Jon,

Any idea what model Toyota rims you used when you switched to 16”? I figured I’d just find out what the backspacing was on OEM 15x7” rims and then just find some factory 16x7” with the same backspacing and they would be a perfect fit. Looked all over the internet, including the very helpful originalwheels.com website, but no information on backspace. My current rims are 6” with about 4 5/8” but not sure if that spacing also appropriate for 7”. 

Maybe I’m overthinking this (as usual) but I’d kind of like to get this right the first time. If you or anyone else out there has an answer to this that would be great, as I’ll be putting Tacoma rims on a pre Tacoma and not sure what suspension changes they made after ‘95

Thanks

Tom

93 Toyota 4x4 with FWC Eagle shell

65 Chevy 4x4

#20 JHanson

JHanson

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 26 November 2023 - 12:52 AM

Tom, It's been a long time. I believe they might have been these, which you can still get at a Toyota dealer. They are the same wheels on our Troop Carrier now. It should be easy to check backspacing. 

53356202633_e15b7a13f3_z.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users