25 replies to this topic

#1 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,341 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 31 October 2023 - 06:37 PM

Julie and I dropped a lot in elevation yesterday, drove down the hill, and visited the All Terrain Camper facility. This was our second visit since Jeff’s retirement earlier this year.

All-Terrain-Oct2023-005-copy.webp

Marty was very kind and allowed me access to photograph, as I’ve had in the past. I can report that the facility is well supplied and the owner and staff are happy. It is a fun place to visit.

All-Terrain-Oct2023-001-copy.webp

Long time employee, Chad, is installing the outside trim to a new camper in production.

All-Terrain-Oct2023-002-copy.webp

All-Terrain-Oct2023-003-copy.webp

The roof frame is completed and ready for further assembly.

All-Terrain-Oct2023-004-copy.webp

I’ve always been impressed with the arch – for greater strength – that All Terrain builds into their roof. Note: the frame is upside down on the wood table.

Here’s the reason we were down at All Terrain Campers. Our camper is now 10 years old. It has been well used and well loved. But it has not been babied. A pet peeve of mine is product reviews posted after a very short period of ownership. Years back I decided I’d do my first detailed review after 10 years – a decade – with our All Terrain Camper. I asked Marty to get involved by taking a detailed look at the camper. I’m knowledgeable but Marty built it and knows so much more than I do. And, I know I’ll get an honest report.

All-Terrain-Oct2023-006-copy.webp

The inspection started with the roof. Julie was involved too.

All-Terrain-Oct2023-009-copy.webp

Most of you do not know Marty, but what followed is typical Marty behavior. He also wanted to know how the components he puts in a camper are holding up. Here he’s cleaning out the dusty furnace. He wanted to watch it ignite and operate.

All-Terrain-Oct2023-012-copy.webp

He had Brad thoroughly check out the propane tank. Then he said he was turning it over to Brad and Chad to further go over the camper. And he asked if we could leave it – not that they saw anything wrong – but so they could really dig into an inspection.

It sure felt strange driving a naked truck home. Julie told Marty, “We just need it back before Monte turns 71.”

Julie and my review of our All Terrain Camper after 10 years will be coming……………

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#2 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 31 October 2023 - 06:58 PM

My Bobcat is 14 years old. No real complaints we don't get the use out of

ours as does Ski but I have had no problems. A great solid camper.

I did notice the "new" campers have been switched to the "rounded" top rear door.

I do like that look.Don't know if it changes the structural strength any but it looks nice.

Here's to many more years of carefree use.

ATC IMO makes the best camper.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#3 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 31 October 2023 - 10:31 PM

wow thanks that will be a good review. I can imagine Marty having a great time digging into your camper given his energy. 

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

#4 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 01 November 2023 - 12:21 AM

good idea, and good promo for ATC.  people need to see all that aluminum framing - its solid.

Oregon

#5 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,593 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 01 November 2023 - 03:53 AM

good idea, and good promo for ATC.  people need to see all that aluminum framing - its solid.

Built to survive…

I am haunted by waters

#6 rubberlegs

rubberlegs

curmudgeon

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 01 November 2023 - 04:09 AM

Youse guys have gotten a lot of use, and a lot of fun out of your camper! Have you tallied up how many total nights?

I did notice the "new" campers have been switched to the "rounded" top rear door.

I do like that look.Don't know if it changes the structural strength any but it looks nice.

Interesting comment. What does the frame look like at the top and sides of the door? Does it curve around the corner, or is it squared off?

Tacoma/Fleet 2018.

#7 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 01 November 2023 - 04:18 AM

Youse guys have gotten a lot of use, and a lot of fun out of your camper! Have you tallied up how many total nights?

Interesting comment. What does the frame look like at the top and sides of the door? Does it curve around the corner, or is it squared off?

The framing is the same. Rounded blocks are used in the upper corners to fill the space under the siding.

Julie has every night documented in her notes.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#8 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,593 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 01 November 2023 - 04:26 AM

Looking at that roof frame reminds me to be very thankful that ATC uses fiberglass insulation and a ridged and textured cover!  No foam squeaks, and no oil can pops.

I am haunted by waters

#9 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 01 November 2023 - 04:33 AM

Looking at that roof frame reminds me to be very thankful that ATC uses fiberglass insulation and a ridged and textured cover!  No foam squeaks, and no oil can pops.

And Marty just switched to a higher R value insulation.

#10 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 01 November 2023 - 10:19 PM

And Marty just switched to a higher R value insulation.

I always like to see Marty/ATC update their great product for a better product and not just to look "cute".

Thanks again Marty and crew for building such great campers.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users