Photo
- - - - -

Where to get repairs/modifications done on older models?

repairs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Pascal

Pascal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2023 - 12:49 AM

I have a Hawk from 2000 that I bought on the used market. It's in overall good shape but I'd like to install a Propex propane heater as well as have some repairs done to it (slight leak in one of the corners and it would be nice to replace the pop-up boards with the newer material which is less prone to mold).

I live in B.C Canada and I contacted the 4wheel camper warehouse here but they said they don't do work on models older than 2008.

Where do you recommend taking it? I'm not sure if most RV repair places are familiar with these things or able to work on some of the unique aspects of them like the pop up boards (the canvas material will need to be replaced one day, too).

As I said I live in B.C, but I could do a road trip into the states if that is necessary. I'd like to keep this thing in good shape as it ages over the years.

#2 SlowernOlder

SlowernOlder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 November 2023 - 03:23 AM

If you are coming to California Marty at All Terrain Campers used to work at FWC and he might be able to help.

#3 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,594 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 13 November 2023 - 04:32 AM

Do call All Terrain Campers, they do quality and affordable work.  Marty is the owner!

800-446-1003

I am haunted by waters

#4 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,773 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 14 November 2023 - 05:18 PM

+2

It is most likely that your camper might have been touched by Marty at some point in the construction at FWC during that period in time.

Do call All Terrain Campers, they do quality and affordable work.  Marty is the owner!

800-446-1003

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#5 Pascal

Pascal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 07:43 PM

Ok, thanks all. Sounds like ATC is the place to be. I'll most likely be heading down into the south west states early next year anyway so that may line up.

If anyone has any suggestions for places in B.C I'd still love to hear them as well.

#6 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 14 November 2023 - 09:58 PM

+3 on ATC.Great folks to work with.

They may have built your camper when they worked there.

Before starting their own shop ATC.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#7 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 14 November 2023 - 11:59 PM

yep another vote for Marty at ATC in Sacramento. if you know what you want done Marty can likely suggest things to do before you get there to minimize the time they need to get the repairs done. And if you get it lined out in advance they are pretty darn fast at getting it in, the work done and you back on the road. 

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: repairs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users