• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 BBZ

BBZ

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationGolden, CO

Posted 26 November 2023 - 02:34 PM

Have you considered a more formal "temporary" dinette set up?

The reason I purchased a shell is because of the flexibility it offers. There have been times where I have easily had four or five persons inside at the same time and everyone was comfortable. A few of those times have included other FWC owners with dinettes who stated, "it would just be easier for us to eat in here," in my camper.

My ultimate goal is to discover a system where I have a series of small parts that take up very little room. These same parts can be quickly and easily transformed into a table or other useful area.

Same with us.. we built a big bench across the front of the camper (big ole storage box as well) and basically have seating on all 3 sides. Can sit 5  or 6 around removable table. Also made a slide out lower bunk for an extra space to sleep when needed.  People are always shocked how big our camper feels because its not so full.. (we did add furnace, and 2 burner cook top but decided against a sink and water tank)

2023 F-150 Scab HDPP + 2013 Grandby Shell +

https://www.wanderth...ect-90s-granby/

#12 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,869 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 26 November 2023 - 05:56 PM

I use a lagun table leg, and foldup seats.  Very roomy

#13 Seattle Mitch

Seattle Mitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 08:09 PM

Using a lagun swinging table, mounted to the side of the floor pack allows me to work and eat from the table and allows one other person to sit on the opposite side of the table as well. The beauty of it all is the mount can be swung back into place in the table can be put away if more room is desired.

#14 rubberlegs

rubberlegs

curmudgeon

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 02 December 2023 - 02:43 AM

I like the "temporary" table option a lot. But if getting a dinette, the only real way to decide is to spend some quality time in one. Perhaps there's someone in your area who can show you their setup. We are so glad we sat in some at a dealer, and were able to compare them.

Tacoma/Fleet 2018.

#15 Jzack605

Jzack605

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 December 2023 - 12:58 PM

Looks like I’m going with the Lagun swinging table. I’m definitely leaning more toward a side dinette as I think it’ll work best for my needs. What kind of storable/folding chairs do you all recommend?

#16 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,869 posts

Posted 11 December 2023 - 06:31 PM

What kind of storable/folding chairs do you all recommend?

How light do you want to travel?  If space/weight are a major concern (likely should be for all of us!) then chairs you can use inside and outside might be ideal.

#17 Jzack605

Jzack605

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 10:51 PM

I like the idea of separate chairs like that, definitely a possibility.

I really like the set up found here at 2:30-3:00 : https://youtu.be/2Ie...fAYMM46IRNnPozE

Could anyone direct me to the proper brackets to build seating like those?

#18 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,869 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 12:26 AM

I really like the set up found here at 2:30-3:00 : https://youtu.be/2Ie...fAYMM46IRNnPozE

Those are the brackets that came with their rollover couch.  You can get them from ATC/FWC.  My "chairs" are similar in function.  I used these bonVIVO Easy II Padded Floor Chair with Adjustable Backrest, Comfortable, Semi-Foldable Folding Chair, for Meditation, Stadium, Bleachers, Reading, Bed, Couch or Gaming, Elegant Design, Beige : Amazon.ca: Health & Personal Care

Note:  Canadian pricing!!

The table they are using is a Lagun Table.

#19 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,512 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 14 December 2023 - 12:30 AM

Here’s one source that seems over priced, Google will probably lead you to less expensive brackets. 

Under the rocks are the words,
and some of the words are theirs 

#20 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 14 December 2023 - 02:24 AM

Those are the brackets that came with their rollover couch.  You can get them from ATC/FWC.  My "chairs" are similar in function.  I used these bonVIVO Easy II Padded Floor Chair with Adjustable Backrest, Comfortable, Semi-Foldable Folding Chair, for Meditation, Stadium, Bleachers, Reading, Bed, Couch or Gaming, Elegant Design, Beige : Amazon.ca: Health & Personal Care

Note:  Canadian pricing!!

The table they are using is a Lagun Table.

Those are cool chairs Vic. If I did not have our posterior and back needs covered already, I would seriously look at them for our use. My wife would appreciate the meditation aspect, though it is probably too late for me.

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users