• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:59 PM

Next week or the week after I'm going to head towards Southern Utah with the daughter, the dogs, and my dirt bike. If you have any super campsites in mind or might be over there as well let me know. My current thinking is head towards Natural Bridges and then down to the ferry across Lake Powell at Bullfrog Marina. Always nice to get a boat ride in :) From there head up the Notam-Bullfrog road, there is a primitive campsite a ways up at Cedar Mesa and then continue North and do the 60 miles loop through Cathedral Valley. After that maybe do a stop at Bryce (no remote roads though) and finish it off with a run down to the North Rim that I haven't been to. That's todays' plan but always subject to change. :P Maybe we should have a gathering and load the ferry with pop ups!
Posted Image
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

#2 RJones

RJones

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMtns of Colorado

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:14 PM

Posted Image

Sounds like a great trip and look for the cliff dwelling on the turn off to the ferry from Natural Bridges. I'll be down that way in the next few weeks and will be looking for your rig.

Posted Image
RJones

02 Eagle - 07 Tacoma TRD

#3 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:59 PM

Sounds like a great trip. Having just been through there recently i must say i'm a little jealous! Take lots of pics.

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#4 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:00 PM

Sounds like a great trip and look for the cliff dwelling on the turn off to the ferry from Natural Bridges. I'll be down that way in the next few weeks and will be looking for your rig.

If you are into hiking and cliff dwellings Grand Gulch which is just a bit East has plenty. Twenty years ago you could crawl in and find 800 year old corn cobs (minus the corn of course).

#5 4llamas

4llamas

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationSW Willamette Valley, Oregon

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:05 AM

Barko,

If you are at Natural Bridges during a new moon, I suggest you check out the presentation by their Dark Sky Ranger, Gordon. We liked it. Also, we camped just out of the park on Deer Flat Road (I think that's the name). Not the road to Bear's Ears (another good through drive), but the ranger will tell you the exact name of the road. We found a spot with an overlook we liked about 2 miles up that road.

Enjoy,
2llamas (4actually)

#6 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:48 AM

Deer Flat sounds familiar, I'll check it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users