6 replies to this topic

#1 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,594 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 18 January 2024 - 02:40 PM

An interesting map that shows power outages across the nation.  As I type, Oregon leads the field because of ice and wind events on the western side.  North Carolina, you’re in second place.  Click on your state to see the numbers.

https://poweroutage.us/

I am haunted by waters

#2 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 18 January 2024 - 03:18 PM

Interesting website. Our power provider (PG&E) has a website where we can find power outages. It's a lot easier to flip a switch to see if a light comes on in the house.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#3 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,594 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 03:25 PM

Interesting website. Our power provider (PG&E) has a website where we can find power outages. It's a lot easier to flip a switch to see if a light comes on in the house.

I think this map is best used for grousing about outages, and one upmanship interstate rivalries.  Oregon has it all over everyone else.  :rolleyes: 

I am haunted by waters

#4 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:41 PM

I think this map is best used for grousing about outages, and one upmanship interstate rivalries.  Oregon has it all over everyone else.  :rolleyes: 

Okay, I see that now. Go Oregon!!!!!! :)

We started and ran the Honda generator last weekend so we're ready for our coming outages. :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#5 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 06 February 2024 - 04:58 PM

Hey Mr. Sage, check the map to see who is in the lead now.  :)

We've made in through the latest storm without an outage - knock on wood. That is a pleasant surprise.

#6 Cpt Davenport

Cpt Davenport

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • LocationDavenport CA

Posted 06 February 2024 - 05:16 PM

Our power went out last Saturday morning and is currently still out. Estimated restoration is tomorrow morning. Between my camper and a small solar, home back up system, I have 400ah of usable battery. I connect to an inverter and can run my whole house (except the hot tub and sauna :) I have a transfer switch at my service panel so I don't back feed the grid. At night and early morning I run off the batteries. During the day I run a small 2200 watt generator to power the house. This also allows me to supplement the lack of sun on rainy days and charge my batteries from the genny. We just need to be mindful with power draw and don't run the coffee maker, toaster or other large draw items. Appliances that generate heat are power hogs.

#7 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,594 posts

Posted 06 February 2024 - 06:21 PM

Hey Mr. Sage, check the map to see who is in the lead now.  :)

We've made in through the latest storm without an outage - knock on wood. That is a pleasant surprise.

All y’all win!

I am haunted by waters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users