Had a Qlift done on my Ford Transit

billharr

I did the Q-Lift. 2" is not a lot but every inch helps the way I camp. Next set of tires will add another inch. Yes I looked at Van Compass but the CV joints already have a big bend without adding 2 more inches. Drives fine and the only time I notice the 2 inches is stepping in and out of the van. Lift done by Field Vans in Fresno CA. Workmanship looks good.

Attachments

• 1a.jpeg
    1a.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 2a.jpeg
    2a.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 66
When you size up the tires, which ones are you considering? I’ve got a Q-lift schedule on a mid roof Transit conversion, still considering which tires to go with.

TGK said:
When you size up the tires, which ones are you considering? I’ve got a Q-lift schedule on a mid roof Transit conversion, still considering which tires to go with.
215/85/16, I have dualies on the back and need to have some space between the duals. They will give me another inch of lift.

TGK- if you've not already done so, you might check fordtransitusaforum.com and do some searches for larger tires to see other user experiences with those.

I went a bit larger than stock on my Transit. It's a 2019 mid-roof 148" with the Quigley 4x4 option (which includes a 2" body lift)

I went with LT 245/70 R16 E-rated Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires. I know some go larger but I was also seeing posts at the time about having to modify wheel openings or that the spare doesn't fit into its storage area under the floor. I see some compensate by deflating the spare and/or use ratchet straps to keep the spare in place even though it doesn't fit fully into the storage area. There are also discussions about whether it's a problem to mix sizes (i.e., use a stock-size spare when the other three tires are larger), especially on vans with limited-slip rear differential or AWD.

My first set of those Coopers lasted 54K. At that point they could still pass inspection but were getting loud. I had them replaced just before a long trip last summer. I have about 13K miles on the new set.

The larger tire means the speedometer reads low by about 8 miles per hour (according to my GPS).

Old Crow said:
TGK- if you've not already done so, you might check fordtransitusaforum.com and do some searches for larger tires to see other user experiences with those.

I went a bit larger than stock on my Transit. It's a 2019 mid-roof 148" with the Quigley 4x4 option (which includes a 2" body lift)

I went with LT 245/70 R16 E-rated Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires. I know some go larger but I was also seeing posts at the time about having to modify wheel openings or that the spare doesn't fit into its storage area under the floor. I see some compensate by deflating the spare and/or use ratchet straps to keep the spare in place even though it doesn't fit fully into the storage area. There are also discussions about whether it's a problem to mix sizes (i.e., use a stock-size spare when the other three tires are larger), especially on vans with limited-slip rear differential or AWD.

My first set of those Coopers lasted 54K. At that point they could still pass inspection but were getting loud. I had them replaced just before a long trip last summer. I have about 13K miles on the new set.

The larger tire means the speedometer reads low by about 8 miles per hour (according to my GPS).
Thanks for the input. I am familiar with the Ford Transit USA forum and have been spending time there as well. I had a FWC for 20 years, which is how I got hooked up with this forum.

Back
Top Bottom