• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 YukonAlaskan

YukonAlaskan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2024 - 03:07 PM

I just purchased a 10' 96 CO from a WTW member here in the Yukon and pick it up this weekend.  It is a stalled project with partial deconstruction and rot around the windows, arches and front seals.  Water intrusion is limited to the lower edges though and the interior screws don't show signs of having been wet.  Its had some upgrades over the years, LED lights, electrical, etc. It looks on the surface to be fairly straight forward with the rot limited to the usual places, we'll see.  Will use a combination of West epoxy, butyl tape and sika sealers.

Other plans are to install a Thetford c220 toilet, replace the cut up cabinet doors (I get why they were opened up for air circulation, but aesthetically it won't work for us), and maybe reupholstering (not my department).

For now it's just planning though, -20 outside and I don't have a heated shop which stalls the use of epoxies etc.  First pic is from last owner on its way to the Yukon.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN7892.jpg
  • 20240123_1604543.jpg

Edited by YukonAlaskan, 26 January 2024 - 05:49 PM.

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,598 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 26 January 2024 - 04:06 PM

Hi there YukonAkaskan, welcome to WTW and congratulations on picking up your Alaskan!

We would love to see your project documented.  I noticed you have one picture that is not oriented properly until it’s clicked on.  There is a pinned thread in the Member Support forum on how to avoid that.  If you have trouble, feel free to send me a PM, and I’d be happy to help.

Stay warm!

I am haunted by waters

#3 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 05 February 2024 - 02:51 AM

Congrats on your new camper and best of luck with your project! We look forward to seeing your progress.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users