• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RONR

RONR

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationMarin County, California

Posted 09 February 2024 - 12:45 PM

Does anyone have any experience with the new Truma heaters FWC is now offering? If so, it would be great to know how well they work.

Ron

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,603 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 09 February 2024 - 01:58 PM

Ron, go into the Oliver trailers forum, there’s some commentary there.  Probably in General Discussion.

Our older Oliver has the Truma water heater, and we like it.  As I recall most folks are positive about the entire Truma package.

I am haunted by waters

#3 RONR

RONR

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationMarin County, California

Posted 09 February 2024 - 09:47 PM

I checked it out. A lot of good information on the Truma products but very little real world reviews. Same with the rest of the internet searches I’ve done. I probably should stop calling it a heater because that brings up a lot of water heater threads. I’m very happy with my tank water heater so I’m just looking for info on the Truma Varioheat furnace. Thanks for the tip on the Oliver site. It helped get me started.

#4 DanoT

DanoT

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • LocationSun Peaks, B.C.

Posted 09 February 2024 - 10:20 PM

I have a Truma Vario Heat furnace in my Winnebago EKKO. It's fan works in auto mode so that it sometimes blasts away like most propane furnaces but it also goes into a low fan speed mode. I haven't used the furnace much as I currently have a 30 amp plug in and am using electric heaters.

1991 Dodge CTD, owned since new. 2011 Coyote RV Phoenix pop-up camper, custom made for the Canadian winter.

#5 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,980 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 10 February 2024 - 02:13 AM

FYI, we toured the FWC facility with Stan in the last 2 weeks, and Stan said they are not using the "combi" unit because it is too big, so they are using separate Truma heater and water heater units.  I was dismayed to hear this, as the benefits of the combi are smaller size, and higher efficiency.  I wanted to install a combi in my Puma build, but discovered the same thing, the combi is big.....

#6 kmacafee

kmacafee

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 10 February 2024 - 05:13 PM

I've had and used the Combi now going on 7 years.  It has worked flawlessly -- sips propane and is extremely quiet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users