• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 budman

budman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 11:40 PM

Own a 2018 Hawk, width is 48" in the front and 57" in the back at the tailgate where the bed width is 59".  I just bought a 2024 Tundra that has a composite bed and requires a bracket system to secure camper.  Not interest in forklift kits.  Built front bracket, works great, rear bracket will not clear the bed sidewall and/or provide a plate hole with access to attach tie downs?  May hook to existing tie down on bed corners but a little worried that's not very strong.  Front bracket will hold camper in place on pavement, not sure off road.  Any suggestion would be helpful.  FWC does sell a bracket kit but it is outside my budget and there are no pictures.  The other challenge is finding the bed screw-bolts in longer sizes to accommodate a mat cushion and washers.  Been all over including Toyota and Fastenal for the bolts.  Thank you for any input........bm

#2 Openroad

Openroad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 12:03 AM

Have you tried McMaster-Carr for bolt hardware?  They have a huge selection and are very quick.  I have used them for many projects and been very happy with what they have sent me.

https://www.mcmaster...products/bolts/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users