• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 02:33 AM

Howdy

Is anyone here familiar with Atwood brand mechanical corner jacks ? I bought a used pair for a project and they seem very similar to the familiar Reico Titan jacks except that the mounting plate is set on a 45 degree angle to the crank mechanism. No big deal but just different.

I cannot see a model number on these jacks but they seem slightly more robust than what I have seen used for most FWC models.

David Grave

#2 Atlin

Atlin

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • LocationSequim, WA; Atlin, BC

Posted 28 March 2024 - 06:19 PM

I have a set of each.  They use different driver sizes.  The Atwoods, I believe, are no longer made.  They have a fragile plastic cap over the gear mechanism that is prone to breakage, and as far as I have found, there is no replacement part available.  I've had to fabricate one cap and wire together two others.  Otherwise, they seem perfectly robust for our campers.

#3 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 29 March 2024 - 12:08 AM

I have a set of each.  They use different driver sizes.  The Atwoods, I believe, are no longer made.  They have a fragile plastic cap over the gear mechanism that is prone to breakage, and as far as I have found, there is no replacement part available.  I've had to fabricate one cap and wire together two others.  Otherwise, they seem perfectly robust for our campers.

Thanks! Oddly these have metal caps nearly identical to the Titans.....the key for crank handle is different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users