10 replies to this topic

#1 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,396 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 30 April 2024 - 03:45 PM

Julie and I took a day and traveled down to All Terrain Campers in Sacramento last Thursday for some minor siding work and a new horizontal propane tank. Marty and the crew were as happy as ever and new campers are close to delivery.

Someone is picking up a really nice custom camper the end of this week.

ATC-25Apr2024-001-copy.webp

Brad has taken over frame welding and the results are excellent.

ATC-25Apr2024-002-copy.webp

ATC-25Apr2024-003-copy.webp

It is great to see the many improvements on their camper builds.

ATC-25Apr2024-004-copy.webp

Best of all, and the reasons I really like All Terrain, is that it's a small shop and everyone you talk with actually build the campers and know campers inside and out. There's always a direct connection between the two.

I asked Marty how long our minor work would take. His reply, "Now that depends on how many stories we getting to telling."

Julie took along a bag of fresh baked peanut butter cookies for the guys.

Small shops are the best.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,638 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 30 April 2024 - 04:23 PM

You simply can’t beat an ATC campers!   Great team, great campers!

I am haunted by waters

#3 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,318 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 30 April 2024 - 04:42 PM

Always great for a visit to them.Nice to see they are doing well.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#4 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,993 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 30 April 2024 - 08:43 PM

Monte,  I was there in February... awesome crew.  What are you noticing about the improvements?

#5 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 30 April 2024 - 09:40 PM

good idea with the cookies !

i was impressed with the camper frames, and welds when we were at ATC.

a few yrs ago i was talking with a guy that took his boat up the inland passage to alaska, just about yearly.  i asked if he fished.  he said that they had the best luck at the docks, where his wife would offer the commercial guys some fresh cookies.... they were offered more fish than they needed !

go

Oregon

#6 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,396 posts

Posted 30 April 2024 - 10:26 PM

Monte,  I was there in February... awesome crew.  What are you noticing about the improvements?

Rounded top door, new smaller furnace, new horizontal propane tanks, the newer higher R value insulation, option for a wider cabover if you want.

These guys interact with their customers and are into the details of good craftsmanship.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#7 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,037 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 30 April 2024 - 10:47 PM

Is this a different propane tank than the old ones FWC used? Good to see some of the improvements. Soon as I win the lottery I'm going to order one :)

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#8 Starbrightsteve

Starbrightsteve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 April 2024 - 11:01 PM

How do they insulate their campers?. Is there any foam on the outside of the aluminum frame?. Or is the insulation just between the welded frame parts?. Do they offer lithium batteries and what kind of batteries do they use? Is a cassette toilet available?. How much do they weigh?. I already have a camper I like but was just wondering since they don’t offer a lot of info. 

#9 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,396 posts

Posted 30 April 2024 - 11:26 PM

How do they insulate their campers?. Is there any foam on the outside of the aluminum frame?. Or is the insulation just between the welded frame parts?. Do they offer lithium batteries and what kind of batteries do they use? Is a cassette toilet available?. How much do they weigh?. I already have a camper I like but was just wondering since they don’t offer a lot of info.

Best to just call and talk with Marty or Brad. They are happy to answer questions.

#10 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,396 posts

Posted 30 April 2024 - 11:28 PM

Is this a different propane tank than the old ones FWC used? Good to see some of the improvements. Soon as I win the lottery I'm going to order one :)

Same style of propane tank but a new manufacturer. The gauge on it is accurate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users