#1 Ghettofab75

Ghettofab75

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAtascadero, Ca

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:39 PM

Not sure if this belongs here or not, mods can move or delete as they see fit.

I've been hearing of proposal H.R. 1925 for a little while now and thought some of you might find it interesting. I'm not sure if its mostly atv and motorcycle riding areas or not. Keep in mind I see a lot of pics of southwest utah on this site, so some of your favorite off the beaten path destinations may be affected. Please tell your congressman what you think of this!

http://www.pirate4x4...&highlight=1925

Just wanted to let people know.

Kevo

#2 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:02 AM

Not sure if this belongs here or not, mods can move or delete as they see fit.

I've been hearing of proposal H.R. 1925 for a little while now and thought some of you might find it interesting. I'm not sure if its mostly atv and motorcycle riding areas or not. Keep in mind I see a lot of pics of southwest utah on this site, so some of your favorite off the beaten path destinations may be affected. Please tell your congressman what you think of this!

http://www.pirate4x4...&highlight=1925

Just wanted to let people know.

Kevo

Added my voice. Land needs protection but too much is getting locked up.
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

#3 mtn-high

mtn-high

Campground Host- FUNKYTOWN

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:06 PM

I was kinda/sorta with em until i read this nonsense

"This is just the latest step in a massive land grab being orchestrated nationwide by anti-access forces who are seeking to eliminate responsible off-highway riding on public lands by any means necessary,"

"Responsible"?? Have any of you seen this word come into play when it comes to ATV's?

Wherever ya go...there ya are.

#4 HERR42

HERR42

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:15 PM

I was kinda/sorta with em until i read this nonsense

"This is just the latest step in a massive land grab being orchestrated nationwide by anti-access forces who are seeking to eliminate responsible off-highway riding on public lands by any means necessary,"

"Responsible"?? Have any of you seen this word come into play when it comes to ATV's?

you should see what the world famous rubicon looks like these days...its great evidence of "responsibility".
the loon lake area, frequently used as a pre-rubicon staging area, is a filthy messy disaster.

there are simply too many people, the land cant handle the mass of people.
Jeff Herr WW6L '07 Hawk & '00 F250 SuperDuty CrewCab, Warn 12K, BFG AT KO 'E' rated, TransferFlow 48Gal tank

#5 Steve Scearce

Steve Scearce

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationDurango, Colorado

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:17 PM

I absolutely support the Red Rock Wilderness Act.
2003 Tundra Access Cab, 1999 Phoenix Coyote, AirLift airbags

#6 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:00 PM

I second that Herr, the Rubicon is a great example and how "responsible" most OHVers are when left to police themselves. That said, it seems that 9 millions acres is a bit extreme and something in the middle would be better.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#7 Phird05

Phird05

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCrested Butte, CO

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:12 PM

I absolutely support the Red Rock Wilderness Act.

Likewise Durangosteve
2008 F-150 5.4L QC 4x4, ride rite air bags, 2009 Hallmark Milner LX

#8 Ghettofab75

Ghettofab75

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAtascadero, Ca

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:59 PM

You do realize when they close it off to atvs and motorcycles they will close it off to everyone. Doesn't matter if your just trying to go camping with your family.

#9 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:47 AM

You do realize when they close it off to atvs and motorcycles they will close it off to everyone. Doesn't matter if your just trying to go camping with your family.

If that's what it takes.

I don't want my freedom restricted any more than you do, but the planet just ain't big enough to handle the sheer numbers of humans and their toys.

I see the damage on a daily basis that a few rogue ATV'ers have caused by going off the designated routes in the Lincoln NF. I shudder to think of that happening on a global scale, but it is.

If it comes to a choice between your (and my) concept of personal freedoms and the wildlife that rely on undisturbed land to survive, I will vote for the wildlife.

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#10 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:39 AM

It's so sad to see a nice camping location get trashed by short sighted people. More than once, a ranger or land owner has happened upon me as I was picking up garbage as small as a cigarette butt or bottle top. It seems that there are more people out there who just want to "party" than those who want to enjoy the area, time after time. I don't think that is true rather, I think we tend to be laid back people and don't combine our voices and efforts to stop those who trash the places we treasure.

I encourage everyone who responsibly enjoys our public lands to at least visit, and preferably join The Blue Ridge Coalition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users